Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-24-2021, 03:20 PM   #2011
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

nice....koo...will try a 3rd attempt some time in the future...will see if i get lucky
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:29 PM   #2012
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
nice....koo...will try a 3rd attempt some time in the future...will see if i get lucky
Well this is definitely a new batch as direct from factory,
So may be worth a try
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:09 PM   #2013
Thor57
Teen Titans

My second one was opened today as the original was put in the mail for return, so waiting on that one to come back replaced.

No gap, the new one turned out great. I am noticing after looking at a lot, and I mean a lot of pics, that visual tricks are being played on some. Dont get me wrong, some have a no bull---- gap, mine was one. But some it just looks like a gap from a distance because the necklace is just a larger diameter than the neck, and I believe that is by design. I'd have to go closely look at some old comic con videos of the proto to really get a feel. None the less, I'm happy with my current one and eagerly await the other to arrive. Then its off to the painter for one of them for a surprise repaint.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:35 AM   #2014
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
My second one was opened today as the original was put in the mail for return, so waiting on that one to come back replaced.

No gap, the new one turned out great. I am noticing after looking at a lot, and I mean a lot of pics, that visual tricks are being played on some. Dont get me wrong, some have a no bull---- gap, mine was one. But some it just looks like a gap from a distance because the necklace is just a larger diameter than the neck, and I believe that is by design. I'd have to go closely look at some old comic con videos of the proto to really get a feel. None the less, I'm happy with my current one and eagerly await the other to arrive. Then its off to the painter for one of them for a surprise repaint.
Good news on the replacement....really looking forward to seeing the repaint
Old 08-25-2021, 08:02 PM   #2015
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Well this is definitely a new batch as direct from factory,
So may be worth a try
wait...so looks like for new releases if you order from outide of the USA you get drop shipped a fresh factory sealed one from the factory in china....but if you order within the US you get the lucky chance of getting a recycled Dejah or a factory sealed one from the CA warehouse?

the first one i got was factory sealed but the second was taped and retaped more than once or twice you can easily tell because of the ruffled up box...styro and wrapping material....and its not the first time this happened....it took me 2 replacements for a SSC WW bust before i got an OK one...b9th replacements were double or triple taped as well
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:05 AM   #2016
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
wait...so looks like for new releases if you order from outide of the USA you get drop shipped a fresh factory sealed one from the factory in china....but if you order within the US you get the lucky chance of getting a recycled Dejah or a factory sealed one from the CA warehouse?

the first one i got was factory sealed but the second was taped and retaped more than once or twice you can easily tell because of the ruffled up box...styro and wrapping material....and its not the first time this happened....it took me 2 replacements for a SSC WW bust before i got an OK one...b9th replacements were double or triple taped as well
To be honest I'm not sure, the SS shipping department work in mysterious ways.
But it's not the first statue to come directly from the factory, probably the 3rd I've received.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:09 PM   #2017
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Congrats Lonewolf65, I'm glad you got a good one.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:43 AM   #2018
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Congrats Lonewolf65, I'm glad you got a good one.
Thanks xellos49698, she is a beauty and well worth the wait.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:52 PM   #2019
rennervision
Frackin!

Mine came today and the head fits perfectly. (No neck gap that I can see.) So hopefully this new run is problem-free for everyone.
rennervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:04 PM   #2020
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yea!!! So happy for you guys. I really keep wanting to pull the trigger but also know that i shouldn’t bc of space…
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote