Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #101
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I know Manu from Spartacus is going to be the unhooded Deathstroke, that should be fun.
Really? That will be cool. I love this show. Even if they are playing games with Black Canary. All the other stuff is so good that I'm fine with waiting to see how it all plays out. They just better not drag it out to Smallville levels and have Black Canary only at the last episode or two...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #102
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Really? That will be cool. I love this show. Even if they are playing games with Black Canary. All the other stuff is so good that I'm fine with waiting to see how it all plays out. They just better not drag it out to Smallville levels and have Black Canary only at the last episode or two...

No kidding. Smallville started out so great. It did have some really great episodes over the years, but they really missed the mark overall IMO. And, the final straw that broke the camel's back was the fact that Welling wouldn't even put the suit on. That was such a lame move on his part. A lot of fans invested 10 years into that show, and he can't bring himself to put the suit on for the last lousy episode? What a joke. Arrow on the other hand is super!

Like you said though, I hope they get Dinah, errr, Laurel Black Canaried up sooner than later...much sooner...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #103
ReplicantSavior

The first season was awesome guys. Easily worth owning and I rarely want to own TV shows. I am worried about season 2. Mainly because they are playing games with Black Canary. I can see them playing the will she play Black Canary the same way Smallville dragged out Clark turning into Superman. If Arrow wasn't such a great show it would be a huge problem. And there were many chances for the writers to start developing the Black Canary story. Maybe they have something really good planned. At least that's my hope.

A lot of season 2 will be new territory. And with those possibilities will be the potential for a big mess up. The subplot with Ollie's sister and boyfriend really isn't that good. And I can see that going for the whole of season 2. Plus, the fate of certain characters will be missed. But I can't wait to see next season.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #104
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
The first season was awesome guys. Easily worth owning and I rarely want to own TV shows. I am worried about season 2. Mainly because they are playing games with Black Canary. I can see them playing the will she play Black Canary the same way Smallville dragged out Clark turning into Superman. If Arrow wasn't such a great show it would be a huge problem. And there were many chances for the writers to start developing the Black Canary story. Maybe they have something really good planned. At least that's my hope.

A lot of season 2 will be new territory. And with those possibilities will be the potential for a big mess up. The subplot with Ollie's sister and boyfriend really isn't that good. And I can see that going for the whole of season 2. Plus, the fate of certain characters will be missed. But I can't wait to see next season.
This may be a positive. Too many shows drag out the payoff/major plot line so long that the audience loses interest. I for one am glad that there will not be multiple seasons of "the undertaking" and having show after show reveal little bits or have Ollie make small gains in stopping it. We got the pay off and now the writers can earn their keep and move onto the next adventure.

As far as Thea's boyfriend goes I can almost assure you that most of season 2 will likely focus on Roy Harper becoming Speedy/Arsenal/Red Arrow or the shows version of Ollie's sidekick.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #105
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:

At the Paley Center Event the creator said you get to see Ollie's slow progression to Arrow from the flashbacks. He said it will be a slow burn to Black Canary, probably several years.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #106
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Or, have Laurel/Dinah not wear the costume at all through the whole series, like Welling ended up doing...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #107
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
This may be a positive. Too many shows drag out the payoff/major plot line so long that the audience loses interest. I for one am glad that there will not be multiple seasons of "the undertaking" and having show after show reveal little bits or have Ollie make small gains in stopping it. We got the pay off and now the writers can earn their keep and move onto the next adventure.

As far as Thea's boyfriend goes I can almost assure you that most of season 2 will likely focus on Roy Harper becoming Speedy/Arsenal/Red Arrow or the shows version of Ollie's sidekick.
I don't like things getting dragged out for seasons either. X-Files had that problem. But now with the success of the bad guy's plan. What now? That's my worry.

Also, how many sidekicks can Ollie have? I guess some will die off. I hope they don't kill Felicity aka the cute computer girl. Diggle was close to buying it a few times. Both Thea and Roy can't be in on Ollie's secret. Then there will be Black Canary. That's five plus the detective who I guess will figure it out eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
At the Paley Center Event the creator said you get to see Ollie's slow progression to Arrow from the flashbacks. He said it will be a slow burn to Black Canary, probably several years.
I wish I had a good gif to express my feelings on that. I remember first seeing Katie Cassidy in either When a Stranger Calls, Black Christmas, or Supernatural and thinking she would be a great Black Canary. For them to drag it out for years is crazy. But I assume they have CW's backing for years like Smallville. I just don't want Arrow to get as bad as Smallville did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Or, have Laurel/Dinah not wear the costume at all through the whole series, like Welling ended up doing...
That would be the biggest crime. At least they joked about her wearing fishnets already in the show.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #108
abarron
Batman

Awesome show and can't wait for season Two

Had somethings happen that i wasn't expecting in the first season so hopefully season 2 doesn't drag stuff out
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #109
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

After being admittedly generally pessimistic regarding this show (stemming from the crap the CW produces) I'm quite happy to say I thoroughly enjoyed this series. The island flashbacks woven into present day action worked brilliantly and there were some great characters on both sides.

A few things I would like to see changed going into season 2 however.....

1) Put a damn mask on! Or at the very least dark green paint around the eye area as opposed to the hint of green currently used. There is just no way he'd be able to conceal his identity in close combat given the public exposure of Oliver Queen.

2) Start calling him Green Arrow. Once Roy Harper dons a costume what are they going to call these guys? The Hoods? Plus you can't really use the moniker Red Arrow if you aren't using Green Arrow. All of this leads me to believe he will go by the name "Speedy" unless the go straight to "Arsenal," which I don't see happening.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #110
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow Season 2 Sizzle Reel - Comic Con 2013
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote