Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 04-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Gene465
Doh!

Best all around airbrush 100.00 or less

New to the forum and have been using a Paasche VL airbrush for my hobby needs. Picked up a all black Deathdealer III I want to try my hand at painting. Want a better airbrush but something that will do thin and fill ins. Double action gravity feed preferred there are so many to choose from! Thanks in advance Gene
Gene465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Jesse321
Galactus

H&S Infinity 2 in 1 ... it's my personal brush of choice ... comes with a .2mm and .4mm needle and nozzle, so you get 2 airbrushes in 1.

After that an Iwata HP-B.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Gene465
Doh!

Thanks Jesse, both of those are over twice what I want to spend at the moment. Just looking for a decent airbrush that is better than the Paasche I have at the moment. I actually had the H series and not the VL. So an all around entry brush been thinking about the Iwata HP-CS or the badger 2020. Used it to paint models, RC stuff and some smaller miniatures. But wanting to try my had at something larger. Thanks Gene
Old 04-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I've heard for the longest time that this is THE airbrush to have, but I've also heard a few people say they are not fans of it. At any rate I picked one up because the price is amazing and it feels great. I haven't painted anything because I'm working on my compressor at the moment but I fiddled with it a bit and the action is great, very smooth. Check it out:
http://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-Bru...ger+sotar+2020
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

as i said to people before, the 2020 will cost you more in the long run then a iwata. my 2020 i was always buying needles and parts for it none stop. My iwatas i replaced a needle after 3 years of using them where as my 2020 i had to get a new needle every 2-3 paint ups due to being so soft metal.

Badger velocitys are better then the 2020, still not great but better.

Iwata HP-B Plus is something to get, sturdy, good detail and will last long time for the price.

You get what you pay for in airbrushes and think about the long run. Buy a $150 airbrush that will be good for long time, or a $70 one that requires $16 needle replacements all the time.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Gene465
Doh!

Thanks for responses, I wound up getting the Paasche Talon gravity feed and got a good deal on it, I have had my 2 Paasche airbrushes for years and very reliable work great easy to clean etc. An Iwata will probably be in the near future if I get enough usage out of my Talon. So far works very well nice fine line to wide coverage. I have the 25mm and 38mm caps and needles and the fan cap. Nice all around brush, time will tell. Now to get a couple of kits to do after I finish my DDIII. Thanks Again Gene