Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-18-2016, 02:52 PM   #1571
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
15" isn't even close to adequate when it comes to depth. And from all the posts I have seen, that is the biggest issue with displaying statues...at least it is for me...followed by height (keep in mind I am saying this with respect to some XM statues).

With SS, 15" is fine, as their poses are usually safe and more museum-ish. This is one of the pluses when display space is an issue. The dynamic statues usually eat up more space.

For myself, I found PAX have the amount of depth required for adequate displaying of statues. The only thing is reinforcing the shelves to take advantage of displaying more than one heavy statue on a shelf comfortably.
While I must admit, SS is my only reference except for my Bat on a Lion custom.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #1572
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Barring custom statues, 15" should be enough. Concern with most statues is height instead of depth.
Just as an example, the Armored Batman PF has a depth of 15", that won't fit, as inside measurements of that cabinet are probably around 14 1/2" clear.

Some statues like Poison Ivy PF would fit since they only have a depth of 10". I would be surprised if any of Prime 1 1/3 scale statues are less then 15" depth wise.

That's why I said to check to make sure the statues you want to put in there will fit before you buy.
Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:23 PM   #1573
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
why only 2 pieces? to display statues far apart (or really wide statues) you will have 2 per shelf, giving you 4 statues.

Most statues you can easily display 2 per window, giving you 8 statues displayed. At $350 each, that's really cheap.

If i buy 4 of those, that's only $1400 - less than the cost of a single curio in many cases. And i can easily fit 25-30 statues in them and have it look very nice.
Oh you can fit more than one piece per shelf but I'm just saying you're going to have a lot of empty space above each section.
The fixed shelf being right in the middle of the cabinet really limits the things you can do is all.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:18 PM   #1574
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
15" isn't even close to adequate when it comes to depth. And from all the posts I have seen, that is the biggest issue with displaying statues...at least it is for me...followed by height (keep in mind I am saying this with respect to some XM statues).

With SS, 15" is fine, as their poses are usually safe and more museum-ish. This is one of the pluses when display space is an issue. The dynamic statues usually eat up more space.

For myself, I found PAX have the amount of depth required for adequate displaying of statues. The only thing is reinforcing the shelves to take advantage of displaying more than one heavy statue on a shelf comfortably.
then yes your only option is pax. Besta and almost all curio only has a max depth of 15 inches.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:14 PM   #1575
Shallow_
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

I have recently reinforced the shelves on my Pax used for my Suckerpunch GG display.

I had a few ideas but went with this:

Picked up an Oak plate 48"x12"x0.64" which I cut into 6x 2"wide pieces. These oak plates have almost no flex to them.

Used one as a straight across beam, and cut 45 degree angle on the remaning 2 pieces pr shelve and made an angle design underneath towards the front.

This also was a great place to attach a Ledberg Ikea LED strip which I modified with braided cablesleeving and heatshrink tubing.

Also Attached 2x L shaped metal pieces for added support.

Now they shoud be secure.

The Pax is brownish black version, and the bracing is painted with a 10 matte brownish black color which seems very off in these pics with the flash directly on it, but in real life they are very similar.

Shallow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #1576
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just got my shelves in, they still need to add the glass and doors and the molding around it, but it's looking good so far. I have to figure out a LED kit fast as they want it tomorrow before they secure it all to the walls.

But so far so good

I got a black couch coming in on Friday to put between the two cabinets. Can't wait.

I'm still trying to figure out if I should go with a wired LED kit or just battery LED's in order to keep a cleaner look.
Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #1577
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Depth is the issue with my current shelves. I have the old Billy's that are only 11" deep and I WISH that I had snagged the 15" deep ones while they made them. Alas I am going to get the Stuva's as they are 19" deep and the same dimensions as the Besta's.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #1578
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Depth is the issue with my current shelves. I have the old Billy's that are only 11" deep and I WISH that I had snagged the 15" deep ones while they made them. Alas I am going to get the Stuva's as they are 19" deep and the same dimensions as the Besta's.
What door can you use for stuva?
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #1579
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Besta doors are compatible with the Stuva, at least the old ones were before the Besta revamp. The only downside is that the Stuvas only come in white.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:40 PM   #1580
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
I'm pretty sure the Besta doors are compatible with the Stuva, at least the old ones were before the Besta revamp. The only downside is that the Stuvas only come in white.
The Sindvik are glass doors with white frames. I plan on getting them as they fit both Besta's and Stuva's.

And yea I actually really like the white. After having black and birch wood I think the white will be a welcome change.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote