Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-07-2023, 11:34 AM   #561
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmiley View Post
For what it's worth I'm also in the crowd that wishes they'd waited instead of buying the XM version, just didnt expect this so soon. Despite the fact I dropped over $1k on the XM, with how unpopular it is I doubt I'd get back enough from selling it to cover this sideshow version. We'll see.
This happens with collecting, sometimes you have to wait things out for certain characters. If you give it enough time once it sells out you may be able to get just what you paid for.

I've had to sell other XM pieces at a loss as once i got it i really didn't like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I wouldn't have thought that Sideshow would bring a new Psylocke so quickly either but with a sale you make a loss in any case. The XM Psylocke is in stock in most shops.
I'm pretty sure the reason they came out with this one so soon was because of what happened with the last one.

People were upset with the original portrait not being Asian enough. People hated the new portrait because they thought she looked like an alien. Then the variant was so low on ES it had the original portrait everyone had really preferred.

So no matter what the last one was mess, so they didn't want to wait that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The XM Psylocke is awful. One of their worst pieces.

XM suppose to listen to feedback but don't want to listen to others telling them they need to get better portrait sculpts.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:55 AM   #562
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

better portrait....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
This happens with collecting, sometimes you have to wait things out for certain characters. If you give it enough time once it sells out you may be able to get just what you paid for.

I've had to sell other XM pieces at a loss as once i got it i really didn't like them.

I'm pretty sure the reason they came out with this one so soon was because of what happened with the last one.

People were upset with the original portrait not being Asian enough. People hated the new portrait because they thought she looked like an alien. Then the variant was so low on ES it had the original portrait everyone had really preferred.

So no matter what the last one was mess, so they didn't want to wait that long.

XM suppose to listen to feedback but don't want to listen to others telling them they need to get better portrait sculpts.
Well I agree with all of this. I do hope that the version that is released next will satisfy all of us in all the ways that we are hoping for in what should be a better representation of Psylocke. I can only imagine that this next version must be better and will have more attention to detail as there has been such backlash with the last statue that was certainly not kept quiet.

As for XM and getting items and then having regrets after receiving the items.....I am desperately needing that XM Hawkeye for my Avengers line....But am sooooo hoping that IF and WHEN I ever get him that I will have no regrets.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:06 PM   #563
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Hopefully, they don't do anymore Psylocke for a very long time. We literally have 4 PFs and the XM to choose from in terms of 1/4 scale. We need some new characters, or at least repeats that haven't been done in a decade.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:56 PM   #564
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Hopefully, they don't do anymore Psylocke for a very long time. We literally have 4 PFs and the XM to choose from in terms of 1/4 scale. We need some new characters, or at least repeats that haven't been done in a decade.
I like this
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:16 PM   #565
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

nice post.....

Quote:

looking for Hawkeye!!!!!

bring on The Iceman, the Beast, the Angel and the Kitty please.

LOL
Old 02-19-2023, 08:22 PM   #566
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

2,000 ES.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 08:32 PM   #567
AC_808
Hercules

Nice! Will be taking my time then.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 09:08 PM   #568
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hopefully we'll get another Christmas deal like we were seeing this past year.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 11:25 PM   #569
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

ugh....

Quote:
2,000 ES.
I already pre-ordered mine.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:42 PM   #570
grphyx1
Kingpin

Getting ready to do the FanExpo Philadelphia convention in June. Just finished up a Psylocke
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote