Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-31-2023, 11:50 PM   #431
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Damn, looking at the pic in pdenham's post, this is bad. The face is did a 180. What was ok in the first reveal is now terrible. The head is not attached right? The body and pose is good and I can live with the bad emblem but if I could get a custom portrait for this I would buy this. There are few good sculptors out there who can make it.
Do it! I'd love to see a better portrait on this piece.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:09 AM   #432
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Damn, looking at the pic in pdenham's post, this is bad. The face is did a 180. What was ok in the first reveal is now terrible. The head is not attached right? The body and pose is good and I can live with the bad emblem but if I could get a custom portrait for this I would buy this. There are few good sculptors out there who can make it.
After thinking about it some more, the eventual Darkside one will probably be the way to go.

The fists-on-hip is a classic superhero pose, and outside of a T-shirt iron-on of it I had as a kid, I don't recall seeing that particular source photo used in the film's merchandising and marketing as much the other publicity images. So it's classic, but fresh(er).
Of course the portrait with the DS will likely be a hell of a lot better as well.

I'm in the minority as I usually like mixed media for something like this, but have to admit all sculpted will be much easier to maintain.

And if I have a beef with the base, well that's a hell of a lot easier, less expensive element to customize than getting a whole new portrait sculpted.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote