Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-23-2021, 12:09 PM   #11
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Can't believe this hot mess costs $1800 USD. This will flop.
My thoughts as well.
But then I also thought that their museum line would sell quickly, especially on Megatron since it was his first true G1 statue anywhere near this size and quality.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #12
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
My thoughts as well.
But then I also thought that their museum line would sell quickly, especially on Megatron since it was his first true G1 statue anywhere near this size and quality.
Megatron suprised me too. I figured he'd sell out the quickest because I thought he overall turned out the best and that statue really captured his G1 Presence.

I actually got the one from Steal the Deal. Didn't want to jump into another hole but I always wanted this Megatron.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:53 PM   #13
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Megatron suprised me too. I figured he'd sell out the quickest because I thought he overall turned out the best and that statue really captured his G1 Presence.

I actually got the one from Steal the Deal. Didn't want to jump into another hole but I always wanted this Megatron.
Lucky dog. . I bought him, prime, and the jets. They did such an awesome job on the museum scale.

While I like the idea of robot and Dino modes together I just can’t bite on this. If the toon accurate versions weren’t selling (my favorite statues out of about 60-70 that I own) I wish they would of went the way that IA did their grimlock. They did a great job on him and the looks of their Devastator (out of my price range on both). I just can’t get into the looks on this. Very oddly stylized.

Last edited by extracomputer.1; 11-23-2021 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Added apostrophe
Old 11-23-2021, 05:50 PM   #14
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Lucky dog. . I bought him, prime, and the jets. They did such an awesome job on the museum scale.

While I like the idea of robot and Dino modes together I just can?t bite on this. If the toon accurate versions weren?t selling (my favorite statues out of about 60-70 that I own) I wish they would of went the way that IA did their grimlock. They did a great job on him and the looks of their Devastator (out of my price range on both). I just can?t get into the looks on this. Very oddly stylized.
Thanks. I really liked that Starscream too but it had an extremely high shipping amount so I was able to resist but I couldn't pass on that Megatron deal. I'm excited to get him. The only other Transformer Statue I have is the P1 G1 Megatron. I put him between the SS Mumm-Ra and Skeletor.

I like the museum line from PCS. At this point, it feels like they're throwing different ideas at the window and seeing if anything sticks.

Something about this new PCS Grimlock isn't sitting well with me either. This looks too much like two toys stacked on top of each other. I like how both Grimlock modes are there but not in this way. It's alright but that price made my choice an easy No.

I also liked IA's Concept. I remember a promo before the show went to commercial where Grimlock was in dino mode and he smashed a rock that had the Decepticon Symbol on it. Personally, I think tha would make a great statue in the museum scale or IA's model.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:58 PM   #15
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Thanks. I really liked that Starscream too but it had an extremely high shipping amount so I was able to resist but I couldn't pass on that Megatron deal. I'm excited to get him. The only other Transformer Statue I have is the P1 G1 Megatron. I put him between the SS Mumm-Ra and Skeletor.

I like the museum line from PCS. At this point, it feels like they're throwing different ideas at the window and seeing if anything sticks.

Something about this new PCS Grimlock isn't sitting well with me either. This looks too much like two toys stacked on top of each other. I like how both Grimlock modes are there but not in this way. It's alright but that price made my choice an easy No.

I also liked IA's Concept. I remember a promo before the show went to commercial where Grimlock was in dino mode and he smashed a rock that had the Decepticon Symbol on it. Personally, I think tha would make a great statue in the museum scale or IA's model.
Told someone same thing. Looks like two $20 toys glued together and price multiplied by 100
Old 12-01-2021, 11:47 PM   #16
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Told someone same thing. Looks like two $20 toys glued together and price multiplied by 100
Glued together with some stupid blue plastic which is supposed to represent him transforming. How lame.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:00 AM   #17
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Quote:
Glued together with some stupid blue plastic which is supposed to represent him transforming. How lame.
Clearly both are of you are trolling. This is in no way two $20 toys glued together. However, it is priced extremely high. Realistically should had been about $1k max. I would say the transformation part with the clear resin scares the crap out of me. Clear resin isn’t as solid, I can see Grimlock leaning or breaking off over time.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:49 PM   #18
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Clearly both are of you are trolling. This is in no way two $20 toys glued together. However, it is priced extremely high. Realistically should had been about $1k max. I would say the transformation part with the clear resin scares the crap out of me. Clear resin isn?t as solid, I can see Grimlock leaning or breaking off over time.
No mate, not trolling. Just calling out an over-priced hot-mess of a statue for what it is.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:58 PM   #19
extracomputer.1

Quote:
No mate, not trolling. Just calling out an over-priced hot-mess of a statue for what it is.
Same here, wasn?t trolling (at least I don?t think I was). I am biased to the cartoon so have to admit that. I have seen toys that look almost identical to these (to me anyways). They were most likely more in the $30 to $50 range though and a touch smaller.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:38 PM   #20
off
The X-Men

I love the large PCS Megs and Optimus, definitely favorites. I was solely collecting the IA large line until these guys came along. Have to agree though, that PCS Grimlock is just weird looking. Hopefully the IA one will go on sale someday at BBTS and I'll pick it up. Would love to have picked up the PCS seekers but I am out of space, that Starscream is wicked cool though.
off is offline   Reply With Quote