Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 01-03-2022, 05:29 PM   #11
Mister H
Green Goblin

That's bad@$$. If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, I would say you need that Witch King of Angmar on the top shelf my brotha.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:49 PM   #12
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
That's bad@$$. If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, I would say you need that Witch King of Angmar on the top shelf my brotha.
By all means! And I thought of that. Matter of fact, until the shelves were built, he was sitting on the top shelf of that temporary unit I have the Court on in the above pictures. The only reason he isnt sitting on the top right now, is because that is where Prime 1's Sauron will go. That entire side where Bloodborne and the Witcher pieces will be where all the Prime 1 LoTR goes. That corner where Bloodborne Hunter is at is the only place I could fit that huge ass Sauron when he comes in haha. And I HAD to have Sauron and the Witch King together, and sadly, both are too tall to be on the side where the roof is at an angle.

So that meant he had to go on the bottom I'm afraid.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:56 PM   #13
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
looks great brother!

as you know, i really love that style of shelving and you did an awesome job with them. you made some really great use of space, everything has room to breathe and compliments each other.

i can imagine your anxiousness wanting to set up that other side, i had to put things out in phases too. cant wait to see the rest of the set up
Thanks man. Yeah, its going to be hard to not jump head first into getting it all done. But with my next round of pieces not due until late next year, I've got time. Which is a godsend, because as you know, those pipes are not cheap.
Old 01-03-2022, 05:57 PM   #14
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Love it man, good stuff, I look forward to your build and following along. I really love the LOTR pieces. So much to collect, not enough money, time, or space, lol. Great start!
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:00 PM   #15
Asgard
Deadman

Great collection.
I like your Shard. Did you do the repaint yourself?
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:07 PM   #16
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Great collection.
I like your Shard. Did you do the repaint yourself?
Thank you. No I did not, I'm not in possession of such talent I'm afraid. The great John Allred did it. I'm a huge Dungeons and Dragons lore fan, to include the MMORPG it spawned 20 years ago, Everquest. Just love the world it exists in, and from the moment Shard was shown, I felt her armor looked like what I always imagined Drow armor to look like when I would read R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt books. So I requested he repaint her leather wraps to a purple color to represent Menzoberranzan and a bluish skin tone of dark elves from Everquest. Just a homebrew creation.

I also have a Sideshow Skaar I had repainted to represent an Everquest/D&D style barbarian. I just didnt have room for him in these pictures.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:08 PM   #17
veryfigurefans
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Wow nice. Witcher series looks amazing congrats.
veryfigurefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:45 PM   #18
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Loving the WoW pieces. Nice shelves. I think they go well with the wall color and flooring.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:52 PM   #19
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Great Collection ! but... Where is Thor ? Buddy you are Thor57, that tells me you are a Thor and Marvel collector but there isn't a single Thor or Marvel character in your collection. (:
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:58 PM   #20
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I know the pictures are garbage and rushed. Once the room is fully set up and built, I'll take cleaner pics with light controlled. Until then, I was just excited since for the first time, I've finally had a display of some sort lol.

Enjoy!
Great collection and i like the displaying.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote