Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-21-2023, 06:21 PM   #11
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Die hard Prince fans are eclectic. I can totally understand how it sold out so quickly. Also bars, shops, or places with music themes might find it a nice ass for decor.
i find it interesting that people in those collecting spaces would learn of it at all, it's probably my ignorance speaking but i can't imagine folks outside of our hobby being in the loop on upcoming statues even if it is of their favorite artist.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 07:33 PM   #12
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i find it interesting that people in those collecting spaces would learn of it at all, it's probably my ignorance speaking but i can't imagine folks outside of our hobby being in the loop on upcoming statues even if it is of their favorite artist.
A coworker told me all about this great “new site” called sideshow last year after she found BTS band member statues. After I told her I knew about sideshow for a very long time she was jokingly mad I didn’t tell her they had BTS statues.

A google search brought her to the site. I imagine Prince fans would do the same thing and share it on their Prince message boards.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 08:56 PM   #13
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
A coworker told me all about this great ?new site? called sideshow last year after she found BTS band member statues. After I told her I knew about sideshow for a very long time she was jokingly mad I didn?t tell her they had BTS statues.

A google search brought her to the site. I imagine Prince fans would do the same thing and share it on their Prince message boards.
i suppose the internet gets smaller everyday, i just have trouble picturing somebody like my mother going out and buying a statue is all
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:36 AM   #14
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i suppose the internet gets smaller everyday, i just have trouble picturing somebody like my mother going out and buying a statue is all

I am right there with you. I have worked with my coworker for 15 years and would never have pegged her for a statue buyer. LOL

It made me see why Sideshow carries so much non comic book, gaming and sci-fi related stuff. It's not just people like on this forum buying things anymore.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote