Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2023, 11:55 AM   #1
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Hawkeye SS, Premium Format or Maquette..??!!

Hello all,

I hope that you all enjoyed a great holiday weekend this past weekend. I took some time to work on my man-cave and moved some of my pieces around and as I was re-adjusting my Avengers 1/4 scale line, it really dawned on me that aside from the OG Blue/Purple Hawkeye statue that was done years ago that there has not been a new one done since. I figured with the Marvel Cinematic Universe having been as popular and as lucrative as it has been over the past decade-plus that we would at least seen one Hawkeye at a 1/4 scale f not from the comics then at least from the MCU CU. There have been variations of Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America and even a Mark Ruffalo Hulk. Even the Avengers Assemble line has a Wasp. And with the recent tragedy that has occurred with Jeremy Renner, I would thin know more than ever they should consider getting one set up. If not a movie version, at the very least an updated comic version. I, myself would prefer a more modern take that has both elements o the comic book as well as some that address the MU CU. Even a portrait switch-out that can allude to Jeremy and another that may be a masked version. For Comic Con last year, my lady and I dressed as Modern Hawkeye and Yelena Black Widow so i do have a little affinity on that front as well. But what do you think all..? Would you be on the same page as hoping that SS should pt out a 1/4 scale PF or Maquette for Our beloved Arched Avenger??
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 01:21 PM   #2
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Sideshow tends to be scared of doing any B-tier and below level characters. They will throw out a random one every once in a while to test the waters (Wasp, but female characters can sell on that alone or Taskmaster, which that one still boggles my mind they were brave enough to do). You would also have to check on the ES of all the Avengers related pieces you mentioned and if they're sold out or if they're trying to move remaining stock via Daily Deals.

They would probably go for an MCU or an MCU/comic hybrid. The Hawkeye show was decently received, but it got lost in the streaming shuffle. The Jeremy Renner accident might help move the needle, but as it takes a lot of time to sculpt, get approvals, market, etc. it depends on if they already had anything in the works or not. If they have to start at square one, the goodwill, hype, and demand will have moved on before they could capitalize on it.

I'd say there would be a better chance of seeing a Yelena Black Widow or a Kate Bishop Hawkeye. But who knows. Keep asking via their product request link and posting in both of their FB groups.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 01:45 PM   #3
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

totally get it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Sideshow tends to be scared of doing any B-tier and below level characters. They will throw out a random one every once in a while to test the waters (Wasp, but female characters can sell on that alone or Taskmaster, which that one still boggles my mind they were brave enough to do). You would also have to check on the ES of all the Avengers related pieces you mentioned and if they're sold out or if they're trying to move remaining stock via Daily Deals.

They would probably go for an MCU or an MCU/comic hybrid. The Hawkeye show was decently received, but it got lost in the streaming shuffle. The Jeremy Renner accident might help move the needle, but as it takes a lot of time to sculpt, get approvals, market, etc. it depends on if they already had anything in the works or not. If they have to start at square one, the goodwill, hype, and demand will have moved on before they could capitalize on it.

I'd say there would be a better chance of seeing a Yelena Black Widow or a Kate Bishop Hawkeye. But who knows. Keep asking via their product request link and posting in both of their FB groups.
Thank so very much for that response and after reading it, it was very refreshing to gain a different perspective that I had not considered in the past for how and when characters are potentially considered for being created in 3-d form. I do hope that they do consider him though. I do believe that may people out there would highly consider grabbing it if it were to be made. I also wonder how many folks would prefer to have a more classical comic related and accurate version as opposed to a more modern version or moder MCU movie version. Because I could go either way, but at the end of the day will be more partial to a more "modern" take on the character....With the purple shades and exposed hair. But that is just me. I would also like to still honor the classic comic version as well. As SS has proven that they can make an AMAZING Archer in the recent Green Arrow, I am sure that a Hawkeye would be equally as amazing!!!!! And yes, for the record I would grab a Yelena if she were done well as well. LOL!!
Old 01-17-2023, 03:28 PM   #4
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Thank so very much for that response and after reading it, it was very refreshing to gain a different perspective that I had not considered in the past for how and when characters are potentially considered for being created in 3-d form. I do hope that they do consider him though. I do believe that may people out there would highly consider grabbing it if it were to be made. I also wonder how many folks would prefer to have a more classical comic related and accurate version as opposed to a more modern version or moder MCU movie version. Because I could go either way, but at the end of the day will be more partial to a more "modern" take on the character....With the purple shades and exposed hair. But that is just me. I would also like to still honor the classic comic version as well. As SS has proven that they can make an AMAZING Archer in the recent Green Arrow, I am sure that a Hawkeye would be equally as amazing!!!!! And yes, for the record I would grab a Yelena if she were done well as well. LOL!!
No problem! One of the fun things about this hobby is discussing things with other collectors and theory crafting.

It would be nice to see a Hawkeye statue made, but I have doubts on how well one would sell... especially in this current climate of recession and high priced manufacturing.

Classic comic, modern comic, and MCU versions all have their fans. The question is which version would actually get more buyers? That's the tough position Sideshow would be in for this and many other characters we request. (That said, it's still confusing why characters who look pretty much the same in all three categories like Nightwing, Red Hood, or Two-Face still lack large scale statues.)

Very good point on the Green Arrow statue. I'm not really a fan of that character, but that statue was so well done that even I considered it a few times. That one was generally well received and I think it sold well/quickly, too. Although they are similar characters, I'd think that Green Arrow has a larger and more dedicated fan base (total speculation and I could be totally wrong).

I'm sure a Yelena is in production and they're waiting to release her when her next MCU project is promoted (is Thunderbolts next for her character?).
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 03:38 PM   #5
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

That OG Hawkeye was one of my first ever pieces... That said, it hung around for awhile and didn't even have that large of an ES. It's not a character many people ask for. He is a lightweight compared to Green Arrow as far as his status (have that one too), so it would be out of left field if they did a new one in this market for sure. Kate Bishop....maybe. I would think she would stand a better chance but still wouldn't rank the odds very high.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 05:45 PM   #6
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

great conversation, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
No problem! One of the fun things about this hobby is discussing things with other collectors and theory crafting.

It would be nice to see a Hawkeye statue made, but I have doubts on how well one would sell... especially in this current climate of recession and high priced manufacturing.

Classic comic, modern comic, and MCU versions all have their fans. The question is which version would actually get more buyers? That's the tough position Sideshow would be in for this and many other characters we request. (That said, it's still confusing why characters who look pretty much the same in all three categories like Nightwing, Red Hood, or Two-Face still lack large scale statues.)

Very good point on the Green Arrow statue. I'm not really a fan of that character, but that statue was so well done that even I considered it a few times. That one was generally well received and I think it sold well/quickly, too. Although they are similar characters, I'd think that Green Arrow has a larger and more dedicated fan base (total speculation and I could be totally wrong).

I'm sure a Yelena is in production and they're waiting to release her when her next MCU project is promoted (is Thunderbolts next for her character?).
I agree on all the points you ae making and yes, I love this forum because we can all have some great comprehensive conversations of this passion that we all share.

I would be first in line to get a Hawkeye if it were produced. ON my End, I collect X-Men and Avengers....so you can just imagine with the line-up that they have released so farm y team as well as many others who collect the same SS line have an almost completed team. "IF" completing a "team" display is something of interest to some. It is for me. So right now, waiting for an Iceman, And Arch angel and Beast. With that said......When it comes to my Avengers........at the VERY least, having an original team or at the very least an original MCU team.....I literally have each member except for,......

Yep, you guessed it.....

A Hawkeye. LOL!!!!

So unless I go the route of trying to get an XM or a custom somewhere else.....I will have to continue waiting and praying to the statue creative gods. LOL!!

And yes, the Green Arrow is pretty awesome!! LOL!!! Maybe someday.
Old 01-17-2023, 05:50 PM   #7
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
That OG Hawkeye was one of my first ever pieces... That said, it hung around for awhile and didn't even have that large of an ES. It's not a character many people ask for. He is a lightweight compared to Green Arrow as far as his status (have that one too), so it would be out of left field if they did a new one in this market for sure. Kate Bishop....maybe. I would think she would stand a better chance but still wouldn't rank the odds very high.
You're probably very correct in that a Kate Bishop would probably be done first. My only concern is that if a Kate Bishop and/or a Yelena would be made, is that I would hope that they would do so and then offer a switch out option that would be a potential MCU version AS WELL as a Comic Book or "comic realistic" version. It was sad (in my opinion) to have seen the final portrait of the Wonder Woman, Batman V Superman PF with a portrait that looked so little like Gal Gadot. Again, that was just my opinion that they missed the mark on the portrait likeness that i would be on pins and needles to see the lifelikeness done for a Yelena and/or a Kate Bishop. But again, just my opinion.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:37 AM   #8
Y3E
Gen 13

I have to agree with tbolt, I don't think Hawkeye is popular enough to get another statue, especially a MCU one. I have the OG SS statue and love it but wouldn't care for a Jeremy Renner one or Kate Bishop (comic or MCU).
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:19 AM   #9
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

hawkeye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I have to agree with tbolt, I don't think Hawkeye is popular enough to get another statue, especially a MCU one. I have the OG SS statue and love it but wouldn't care for a Jeremy Renner one or Kate Bishop (comic or MCU).
I guess as so many of you have been collecting larger scale pieces much longer than I have it seems that there is a fairly obvious "formula" that some of these companies follow when it comes to creating new pieces whether it is due to popularity of a character (Wolverine, Spider Man, Iron Man, Batman, etc.) or due to the level of "attraction" or "appeal" of a character (Phoenix, Black Widow, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Captain Marvel, etc.) or if the latest movie or series is coming out to draw the interest as well. I just thought that since it seems that SS has pretty much already completed a 1/4 scale statue for each of the "Main" Avengers at least once or even more than once...Capt. America, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, etc. Just based on the MCU alone it would be nice to have a shelf with the first 6 Avengers to complete a nice display. But oh well, one can hope. LOL.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:56 AM   #10
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Sideshow is notorious for not completing lines. That being said, Hawkeye should be a no-brainer.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote