Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-18-2023, 12:08 PM   #11
AC_808
Hercules

Totally agree on a Hawkeye PF from Sideshow. Comic version, please.

But would Sideshow make one, dunno. But that's why when XM released their comic version 1/4 Hawkeye ...I pulled the trigger immediately. Glad I have that piece to this day!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 12:47 PM   #12
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

no-brainers......

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Sideshow is notorious for not completing lines. That being said, Hawkeye should be a no-brainer.
Great choice of words...."no-brainer"

For me here a few "no-brainers" to complete lines....

AVENGERS

1-HAWKEYE *****
2-Ant-Man
3-Vision
4-Quicksilver (I would prefer a comic version)
5-Falcon

X-MEN

1-Iceman
2-Beast
3-Angel or Archangel
4-Kitty Pryde (more than a head and arm please)
5-Dazzler (preferably 90's version to go with the current line)

Fathom

1-Kiani (hello!!!! LOL)

JUSTICE LEAGUE//TITANS

1-A more dynamic Green Lantern (In my humble opinion)
2-Cyborg
3-Martian Manhunter
4-Nightwing
5-Wonder Girl

Just a few of my hopes and dreams....

Notice how Hawkeye is still at the top of the list.? LOL

No-brainers for me.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:01 PM   #13
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Totally agree on a Hawkeye PF from Sideshow. Comic version, please.

But would Sideshow make one, dunno. But that's why when XM released their comic version 1/4 Hawkeye ...I pulled the trigger immediately. Glad I have that piece to this day!

You know I have been watching several videos and reviews on that XM version. They all seem to share one thing in common.......the base is too awkward and is not wide enough. Is this true?? When displaying him on the higher tier, is it liable to topple over...? the base does look like it can afford to be a bit wider from what I can see in vids. Also, as it has been sold out, I see lots of sellers trying to sell theirs on EBAY and other places ranging from $950 to $1500. Is this piece truly worth that amount.?
Old 01-18-2023, 01:42 PM   #14
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
You know I have been watching several videos and reviews on that XM version. They all seem to share one thing in common.......the base is too awkward and is not wide enough. Is this true?? When displaying him on the higher tier, is it liable to topple over...? the base does look like it can afford to be a bit wider from what I can see in vids. Also, as it has been sold out, I see lots of sellers trying to sell theirs on EBAY and other places ranging from $950 to $1500. Is this piece truly worth that amount.?

That never really occurred to me. Then again, I've always used the lower positioning. I've never understood what that "pipe structure" he was standing on for the higher positioning. Plus the lower positioning suited him better when paired with the XM Black Widow.

So no, I've never thought the base was not wide enough nor did I thought he would topple over.

As for the price, it really depends on how much that XM Hawkeye is worth to you. I paid about $900-ish USD at the time when I got it. To me it was worth it.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:59 PM   #15
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
That never really occurred to me. Then again, I've always used the lower positioning. I've never understood what that "pipe structure" he was standing on for the higher positioning. Plus the lower positioning suited him better when paired with the XM Black Widow.

So no, I've never thought the base was not wide enough nor did I thought he would topple over.

As for the price, it really depends on how much that XM Hawkeye is worth to you. I paid about $900-ish USD at the time when I got it. To me it was worth it.
you know I have to agree with you. I kinda have a few criteria for when I think of what a "statue is worth" or not but this is where everyone differs in their opinions and rightfully so. Like for me....at this point I have only really seen three 1/4 scale Hawkeye statues that pop out in my mind to date....The OG SS Hawkeye with the mixed media clothing, the XM one that you currently have and the one that I believe was made by another company where I believe they only made about 75 of them or so with modern profile switch outs and the Ultron base. With that said.....the sculpt has to be the main concern...is the sculpt worth it, is the design worth it and of course are there any others out there in the market (meaning both in popularity as well as in edition size). So, yea I guess as there really are not many other Hawkeye options.....I suppose it would be worth it. I would spend a bit more on the statue to have one in my collection knowing that few others out there exist.
Old 01-20-2023, 12:58 PM   #16
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Anyone know of anyone else letting go of their XM Hawkeye? curious?
Old 01-24-2023, 09:11 PM   #17
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Anyone know of anyone else letting go of their XM Hawkeye? curious?
Join a Facebook trade, buy and sell for your country. I have seen XM Hawkeye for sale by collectors in my group and no where close the asking price on eBay. I recall seeing one for about $700 cdn.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:04 AM   #18
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Join a Facebook trade, buy and sell for your country. I have seen XM Hawkeye for sale by collectors in my group and no where close the asking price on eBay. I recall seeing one for about $700 cdn.

really? nice. Any chance I would be able to connect with some of these folks but not have to join the FB group. I don't have FB account and would prefer not to. Just curious.?
Old 02-07-2023, 10:42 AM   #19
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

tried....no luck....

Quote:
really? nice. Any chance I would be able to connect with some of these folks but not have to join the FB group. I don't have FB account and would prefer not to. Just curious.?
I tried the other group. No luck. People aren't and have not been responding to threads.

oh well.

Thanks anyways.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:16 AM   #20
Augen
Metal Men

I would have guessed the Hawkeye show may have given a boost. Could do a Clint PF and Kate PF with matching bases if you wanted them side by side.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote