Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-18-2023, 10:31 AM   #11
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The site might as well be Walmart.com now. It's so generic and basic looking, while also making all the important information harder to find and see.

So far, I am not a fan of this redesign.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:38 AM   #12
Lugnuts
Birdman

I hate change. Awful layout. Nothing was wrong with the other design. Stupid people and their need to change for 0 reason.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:49 AM   #13
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I like how the new design to the site makes it easier to find things from the main page.

One thing though, is it just me or is the Edition Size not being displayed anymore? Or is it just harder to find? I?m mainly looking at PFs and Maquettes. On products with production photos you can check the photo of the base but on products without production photos yet I?m not seeing any way to see ES unless I?m overlooking it.
the only place I saw it was in the photos on the base art of the statue. But that is usually only there once they put up production photos.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:50 AM   #14
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Confirmed, I just checked a PCS collectible and there is no Edition Size there either. Just says limited edition for all of them.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:37 AM   #15
Onewiththeforce
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Just tab onto the Sideshow Reward tab. If you?re waiting for points to post to your account, scroll down until you see pending rewards. On the right side will tell you when it?s going to be posted. It takes 40 days after shipping for reward points to be posted to your account.
Ah, Feb. 2nd. Thank you so much, that was very helpful. I am still learning. Thanks again.
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:38 AM   #16
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I just asked a customer service rep (not an ambassador) why ES was removed. They said they don't know, but will pass the feedback along to "the powers that be."

If anyone else is annoyed by this, or anything else with this new site, I suggest you do the same.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:43 AM   #17
ukshaun
Hercules

First impressions.. looks less busy, which is probably a good thing.
Did it need updating? probably not.

The most common thing i tend to do is select the human icon (located between the magnifying glass and shopping trolley)
..followed by Orders, followed by Open

With the EXPECTED TO SHIP: date written in Mercedes Petronas Green it feels alien. I'll get used to it.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:43 AM   #18
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I just asked a customer service rep (not an ambassador) why ES was removed. They said they don't know, but will pass the feedback along to "the powers that be."

If anyone else is annoyed by this, or anything else with this new site, I suggest you do the same.
Could easily be an oversight or a quickly overruled deliberate choice. If there?s not a good reason to drop them, slight pressure might get them back.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:30 PM   #19
SickleClaw
Justice League

Yeah saw that edition sizes had been removed on an art print...but that the art print canvas still said SOLD OUT, and daily deals say 'ALMOST GONE' ...so if edition sizes are removed, this might as well be any other toy website where we barely know the stock of anything as we order.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:13 PM   #20
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

it's a business decision that allows them to fudge the es for max profit. I would do it too if i am sideshow.

The issue before is if they put up a large es, lot of people wait and dont order. If they do a small es and the statue became popular and gets sold out they miss all the profit. The way it is now, they can increase the es indefinitely as long as the statue is popular, meanwhile hide the large or changing es from buyers to avoid any issues that affect their buying decision

Like someone said, just view it as walmart not some limited collectible anymore, those days are long gone. Preorder the ones you really truly love / must have (which for me never happens anymore, sideshow pieces no longer create that emotion response...they all just seem cookie cutter). Wait for in stock and inhand photos for the ones you love, and wait for discount + free shipping for good to have.

If you miss a few, you miss few. The days of reselling them later to get your money back is long gone it's like winning jackpot to be able to sell a statue later and not lose money once you add on sideshow shipping + tax (~$100) on buy side, then ebay 15-20% fee + shipping on sell side. Looking at $250-350 in addition to msrp just to break even. For the europe guys i dont even know what they are smoking buying from sideshow lol
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote