Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-05-2023, 12:18 PM   #21
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Cool. It does look like a Halloween mask. The skin texture and skin tone look amazing.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 08:20 PM   #22
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

This is kinda fantastic...if I was into these early Batman films I don't see how you pass on this one...I guess we need to see the production pieces like anything else

Great price point and the likeness is VERY good to my eye

A unique piece that won't display too BIG and doesn't break the bank...
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 02:34 PM   #23
Faken
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Hey guys sorry I completely neglected coming back to reply to some questions!

So first off for the folks asking about seeing the back of it, I highly recommend you check out the replay of our livestream where Melissa and I show off the prototype and you get a full look at the back of the head with and without the hat and how all the accessories work etc:

https://youtu.be/bt1S3t-Wmcs?t=709

Next up, for those asking if you could wear it and will the silicone skin hold up or crack. This is definitely NOT wearable as it is mounted on a solid resin backing so that piece doesn't warp or otherwise lose it's shape.

In regards to the back of the head, this section is hollow but completely hidden by the hair and this is typical of all our art mask series. If you watch the livestream, you actually almost don't even notice the effect and it keeps costs down.

In terms of price, this is a REALLY good price for a silicone head with individually punched hair. There is no comparing this to the cost of a resin bust as this requires about 3 times the hours to complete each bust AND you can't just repair a bad cast like you can with resin. If the pull doesn't come out perfect, it's trashed.

Hope that helps clarify things a bit. Check out the livestream, I think it really shows off the piece from every angle. I'll check back and answer any other questions

Thanks guys,
Dan
Faken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 03:45 PM   #24
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Once again, this mask is amazing especially from the front. However, it would be even better if it had a full skull. It would hold the tall hat more securely.

It looks a little odd seeing it from the side with the hair hanging straight down without the back of the head. Other than that, it is awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pg.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	159971  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 05:07 AM   #25
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I can't believe these have already shipped out.

My local store just got them in, but I haven't decided yet if I want it that badly or not.

Found only 1 YouTube unboxing and review posted about a month and a half ago.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 05:44 PM   #26
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Well I finally decided to order this. I’ve been waiting for my local Popcultcha store to have their usual 20% off sale. It’s still a bit pricey for a face mask, but I couldn’t help myself.

I’m not one to customise my pieces, but it would be relatively easy to mount this on the top half of a mannequin and just put on a shirt and coat on it. Though it’ll probably take me 10 years to get around to it, as I have a tendency to procrastinate.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote