Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 04-16-2023, 01:01 AM   #1
AC_808
Hercules

NFL Season 2023

Let's start another thread for the new season, shall we?

The NFL Draft is right around the corner!

...And a deal is close to being completed in purchasing the Washington Commanders from the infamous Dan Snyder. Oh man, here we go ....
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 07:03 PM   #2
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think it’s funny that a Philadelphia based owner is buying a team in the Washington market. May as well go get something in New York or Texas to really split allegiances.

As for the NFL….I’m a little concerned about the Vikings moves this off-season but I’m happy they managed to keep Harrison. I would have been so sad if Harrison Smith walked. For the draft, I’m very much hoping a QB is on their radar because it’s been long since time to move on from cash-suck-stat-monkey Cousins.

It’s really hard for me to believe a man can win it all when he can’t even cuss out his out bad play or a crap call by the refs. #NotMyViking
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 07:03 PM   #3
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think it?s funny that a Philadelphia based owner is buying a team in the Washington market. May as well go get something in New York or Texas to really split allegiances.

As for the NFL….I’m a little concerned about the Vikings moves this off-season but I?m happy they managed to keep Harrison. I would have been so sad if Harrison Smith walked. For the draft, I?m very much hoping a QB is on their radar because it?s been long since time to move on from cash-suck-stat-monkey Cousins.

It?s really hard for me to believe a man can win it all when he can’t even cuss out his out bad play or a crap call by the refs. #NotMyViking
What I’m also curious about is what is happening with Rodgers. He?s gotta be a Jet….right? What is taking so damn long?
Old 04-25-2023, 01:37 PM   #4
Demona
Martian Manhunter

My oh my. A new day in the NFC North. Maybe the reign of QB terror from Green Bay will end for a few years....

I have no faith the Vikings will improve enough to count, so GO LIONS!!

But seriously, I will be beyond excited if the Vikes draft a QB on Thursday. It will show me the time with Cousins is coming to an end....but I also know we need a line and defense because Cousins is painful serviceable just not ring-worthy.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:41 PM   #5
Demona
Martian Manhunter

…..the first draft pick by the Lions is a head scratcher because he would have been there….
Old 04-27-2023, 11:23 PM   #6
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
?..the first draft pick by the Lions is a head scratcher because he would have been there?.
Been a weird draft for sure. Hopefully Gibbs is the second coming of Alvin Kamara. The Lions completely rebuilt their awful secondary via free agency, so I think that gave them some more options draftwise. They have three 2nd round picks...c'mon Brad Holmes, I'm trusting you!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 10:36 AM   #7
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, I agree. Round 1 is in the books and it was weird. I'm excited, tho.

Here comes round 2...
Old 10-11-2023, 09:08 PM   #8
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Lions have a two game lead in the division and are looking great...this is so surreal

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 01:02 AM   #9
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Lions have a two game lead in the division and are looking great...this is so surreal

They're not my team but I think it's cool they're playing well. I just hope they don't end up being the Orioles of the NFL. Having a great season doesn't mean much if you get demolished in the playoffs.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 10:44 AM   #10
AC_808
Hercules

Was wondering when the Lions would start getting traction. Ever since they appeared on Hard Knocks, I thought they had potential to be a good team.