Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-04-2023, 01:58 PM   #11
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Another comic comedy. I?ll wait for streaming.
My thoughts exactly.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 05:24 PM   #12
qz33
Doctor Doom

When even the diehards are fatigued with the genre you know you've beat the horse to death.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 12:21 PM   #13
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I was just cheking out reddit and saw the news there that Blue Beetle trailer got 1 Million like on Tik Tok. Well, i have never used Tik Tok, but it is this internet site for Teenagers with raging hormons right ? lol It seems kids liked what they saw in the trailer. I think Blue Beetle will really capitalise on all the kid Iron Man fans.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 12:30 PM   #14
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
At the very end of the trailer after they show the title where they usually put a lighthearted or funny-ish quick scene of the film. Blue Beetle says "It's like Batman stuff!" and another character responds with "Batman's a fascist".
What do people know of Batman in this world? I mean the...well, is this the Affleck Batman or the new Gunn DCU Batman?

He's a guy that dresses up as a Bat and uses gadgets to fight crime. They wouldn't know he is a billionaire, secret identity and all. I'm not sure what ideology that would present. Vigilante maybe, but Batman doesn't want to rule and doesn't show deference towards dictators, the state, the military, and isn't a racist. Is it the whole shadowy mystery aspect?

More than the comment I find it weird when character sin world make meta commentary that you hear in our world where Batman is a fictional character in a comic book. it takes me out and feels a bit too "wink and a nod to the audience" than being an earnest story. We know this is all a bit silly, but we love it. Biggest part of why I like new Dungeons and Dragons movie was it never went this way keep the story and world in and letting humor come from natural source.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 01:12 PM   #15
nearmint
Phoenix

Maybe Batman is a fascist is just one of many lines by that character that are intentionally outrageous and simply comic relief?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 02:56 PM   #16
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I wish DC would have went all out and given us a BB with Booster Gold flick. Who is even the villain in this? Susan Sarandon? DC seems scared to bring out the big guns. That's why we had two Shazam movies and one Black Adam movie yet they never met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I was just cheking out reddit and saw the news there that Blue Beetle trailer got 1 Million like on Tik Tok. Well, i have never used Tik Tok, but it is this internet site for Teenagers with raging hormons right ? lol It seems kids liked what they saw in the trailer. I think Blue Beetle will really capitalise on all the kid Iron Man fans.
Reddit used to be decent about 7 years ago. It got taken over by low IQ people. It's now an echo chamber of lunacy.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 03:57 PM   #17
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

They put the suit-up moment in the trailer! that is supposed to be one of the big payout moments of the movie. Trailers need to go back to being trailers and not movie recaps
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 04:28 PM   #18
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Maybe "Batman is a fascist" is just one of many lines by that character that are intentionally outrageous and simply comic relief?

That's what say. I know Batman is not a fascist, so when I heard that, I chuckled.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:38 PM   #19
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

In Peacemaker, he referred to Batman as a P**** and a jacka**.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 02:24 PM   #20
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

"Fascist" is a charged word. WB apparently hired an activist to direct this film. I smell flop. You would think people would shut up on social media after seeing Ant-Man and Shazam perform poorly. Luckily the movie is four months out so maybe people will forget. I really want to see DC films do well.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote