Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-01-2023, 10:53 AM   #41
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Sad. I just heard that the Swamp Thing movie will be the last of the announced titles, so it could be like 2028 before we see that one.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:57 AM   #42
AC_808
Hercules

To me that's the ----ty part. The fact that we have to wait several years before we see the "good stuff".
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 01:27 PM   #43
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Sad. I just heard that the Swamp Thing movie will be the last of the announced titles, so it could be like 2028 before we see that one.
It is hard not to think if DC had its act together a decade ago what films we'd be discussing now.

It is what it is for now. Hoping next ten years see some good developments.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 06:18 PM   #44
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

James Gunn noted that the Waller show will still star Viola Davis. So not an actual reboot of the DCEU. It's hard for me to get excited about these projects when they keep some actors and replace others. It makes no sense.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 07:01 PM   #45
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
James Gunn noted that the Waller show will still star Viola Davis. So not an actual reboot of the DCEU. It's hard for me to get excited about these projects when they keep some actors and replace others. It makes no sense.
It is definitely odd, although with The Suicide Squad, it was only tangentially connected to the wider DCEU compared to other films. I think The Flash film could be pivotal in explaining how some characters may be the same and others are different.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 07:10 PM   #46
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Cannot stand James Gunn and not a fan of his work in the MCU. Not excited for his DCU and looks like no WW in phase 1.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 07:42 PM   #47
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Well, this is the guy who ended a Marvel movie with the good guy and the bad guy having a dance-off.
This is (somewhat) false. No bad guy has engaged in a dance-off in an MCU movie. It sounds like you're mashing up Guardians with Joker.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:48 PM   #48
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

True, Ronan chose not to engage in any dancing...perhaps if he knew how to bust a move, it would've ended better for him.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 01:31 AM   #49
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

I'm looking forward to what's in store with the DCU.

I really enjoyed and view the previous DCEU as a small multiverse that was splintered due to the time travel elements in Zack Snyder's Justice League. Since there are many inconsistencies when viewing all the DCEU movies as a whole, I figured that those universes were disrupted one way or another by Flash messing with the timelines.

In my head cannon I see them as 3 trilogies, 2 duologies, 1 standalone movie, and an Epilogue (interesting how it worked out that way). When viewed like that, the inconsistencies aren't there.

Zack Snyder's Trilogy tells a great Superman story about the birth of a hero, his death, and resurrection. The Suicide Squad Trilogy follows Harley Quinn's character growth of becoming independent pretty well. Hopefully there is a Director's Cut of Suicide Squad years down the road. The Shazam! Trilogy tells the story of Superhero admiration through the eyes of children. The Wonder Woman Duology depicts Diana's growth as a character, love for Steve, and hope for humanity. Aquaman's Duology seems to show his growth of resentful heir to the underwater thrown to full on protector. We'll see what Blue Beetle's message is. Finally, The Flash can serve as an Epilogue (I know that it comes out before BB and AatLK) giving fans nostalgia for what was and excitement for what will be and reset everything.

Trilogies:
MoS
BvS: DoJ UE
ZSJL

SS:EC
BoP (atFEoOHQ)
TSS

S!
BA
S!FotG

Duologies:
WW
WW84

A
AatLK

Standalone:
BB

Epilogue:
TF

As for the DCU. It seems like they are reusing certain actors. I am wondering if it's almost how Judy Dench played different versions of M for Brosnan's and Craig's James Bonds because she was perfect for the roll. Just like when Jim Lee uses his art-style for different Batmans, be it Miller's interpretation of it, or Loeb's. I can stand behind that.
Saulutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:44 PM   #50
AC_808
Hercules

What stood out to me during Gunn's announcement was that he wants a younger actor for Superman, but is going to make a Batman movie with an older actor so that he can pair him up with Damian Wayne. Possibly a 10 year old or 12 year old.

I thought the whole point was to get younger actors so that they can star in DCU movies for the next 10 to 20 years? I would think Superman and Batman would be about the same age.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote