Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-04-2023, 04:05 PM   #211
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
Yeah think you misunderstood my point, I don't care what he is but we know they gave them the award because #oscarssowhite you 100% heard about.
Due to the backlash the next award show they would give the oscar to a crappy movie called Moonlight, no one even saw.
Hate to break it to you dude but I am not white, but you right away assumed that thats why you went on a rant about wacism ?

They gave that awful animated cartoon the oscar because the main characters skin color, they even they gave it to Encanto which again was awful.
it also won best song when Mystery of Love should have won by Sufjan Stevens.
Mystery of Love song 76 millions views, Remember Me from Encanto 30 million....looks like the viewers agree

Also you seen Wednesday yet, no one cares if they race swapped because the show is awesome the lead actress does an amazing job.
No one cares as long as the show is good, miles morales sucked I could not stand his annoying voice.

anyways back on track to spider gwen before this page derails
ye i am not white too...but i do understand this stuff very well and its hard not to comment since it heavily influences going ons in the hobby....theres always a political agenda now....at least here in the US
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 05:13 PM   #212
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I am almost white though. (: Or slightly asian... I can't decide which one i should go with

Should i use:

I am almost white
or
I am slightly asian

?

Kind of like Yule Brynner, you know... (: or Keanu Reeves. My friends tell me, you look like a Russian. (: And i don't have any problem with Miles Morales. (:
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:58 PM   #213
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
We don?t. Please enlighten us.

Superman, Wolverine, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, etc, are they any different?
No, they are not any different. They are just as bad.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 11:31 PM   #214
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Yeah think you misunderstood my point, I don't care what he is but we know they gave them the award because #oscarssowhite you 100% heard about.
Due to the backlash the next award show they would give the oscar to a crappy movie called Moonlight, no one even saw.
Hate to break it to you dude but I am not white, but you right away assumed that thats why you went on a rant about wacism ?

They gave that awful animated cartoon the oscar because the main characters skin color, they even they gave it to Encanto which again was awful.
it also won best song when Mystery of Love should have won by Sufjan Stevens.
Mystery of Love song 76 millions views, Remember Me from Encanto 30 million....looks like the viewers agree

Also you seen Wednesday yet, no one cares if they race swapped because the show is awesome the lead actress does an amazing job.
No one cares as long as the show is good, miles morales sucked I could not stand his annoying voice.

anyways back on track to spider gwen before this page derails
I didn’t misunderstand anything. We disagree. Someone not sharing your unpopular opinions doesn’t mean that someone doesn’t understand you. You didn’t say anything profound that couldn’t be understood.

Where did I assume you’re white? Please point it out.

If there’s anything I don’t understand, it’s what does Wednesday (I haven’t seen it) and race swapping have to do about people hating the various Spider-Men and Women? It seems you focused in on this specific part of what I said:
“In most cases the grumpies get upset whenever they feel like their precious white male original is threatened.” If that doesn’t describe you, then don’t let it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 11:38 PM   #215
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
No, they are not any different. They are just as bad.
I’m just someone who doesn’t mind them. John Stewart, Nubia and Hippolyta, Wally West, Superboy, Gwen & Miles, Daken and Laura, Kyle Rayner, US Agent, Miguel O’Hara, Danny Ketch, etc. There’s a place for them all.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:52 PM   #216
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
I?m just someone who doesn?t mind them. John Stewart, Nubia and Hippolyta, Wally West, Superboy, Gwen & Miles, Daken and Laura, Kyle Rayner, US Agent, Miguel O?Hara, Danny Ketch, etc. There?s a place for them all.
Damn! Ha smh.... you're a msm spidey fan

I dont even know any of those names.

LONG LIVE THE OLD SCHOOL
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 06:11 AM   #217
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I didn?t misunderstand anything. We disagree. Someone not sharing your unpopular opinions doesn?t mean that someone doesn?t understand you. You didn?t say anything profound that couldn?t be understood.

Where did I assume you?re white? Please point it out.

If there?s anything I don?t understand, it?s what does Wednesday (I haven?t seen it) and race swapping have to do about people hating the various Spider-Men and Women? It seems you focused in on this specific part of what I said:
?In most cases the grumpies get upset whenever they feel like their precious white male original is threatened.? If that doesn?t describe you, then don?t let it.
Sure I'll point it out, first thing you did was go on a rant about white men hating race swapping clearly assuming the people you responded to were white.
Neither him nor me are white, quote: '' grumpies get upset whenever they feel like their precious white male original is threatened.''
What you said was derogatory towards them, would you have the nerve to say that about black males on a public forum?

In short I do not feel threatened when a white male gets replaced, nor do I like it when white men speak on my behalf (assuming you are white)
If I want to see a character of my ethnicity then I want it to be an original character made by my own people, and I want it to be accepted by marvel because it is an amazing character not out of sympathy.
the anti woke crowd makes it worse for us POC, they don't even realize it.

The movie was awful miles morales is awful I can't stand his annoying voice, idk who the voice actor was but it was bad.
The movie did not deserve the oscar at all, highest rated spiderman movie (lol)

Is this argument over now? Back to the topic of Sideshow's gwen?
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 11:24 AM   #218
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Sure I'll point it out, first thing you did was go on a rant about white men hating race swapping clearly assuming the people you responded to were white.
Neither him nor me are white, quote: '' grumpies get upset whenever they feel like their precious white male original is threatened.''
What you said was derogatory towards them, would you have the nerve to say that about black males on a public forum?

In short I do not feel threatened when a white male gets replaced, nor do I like it when white men speak on my behalf (assuming you are white)
If I want to see a character of my ethnicity then I want it to be an original character made by my own people, and I want it to be accepted by marvel because it is an amazing character not out of sympathy.
the anti woke crowd makes it worse for us POC, they don't even realize it.

The movie was awful miles morales is awful I can't stand his annoying voice, idk who the voice actor was but it was bad.
The movie did not deserve the oscar at all, highest rated spiderman movie (lol)

Is this argument over now? Back to the topic of Sideshow's gwen?
Lmao.

I never mentioned race swapping AT ALL. I’m talking about derivative characters. Example, Miles isn’t a race swap, he’s a derivative character. Race swap is Flash Thompson in the MCU. YOU brought in race swapping. And you singled out a single piece of what I said:
“It’s just funny how completely butt hurt some people get about Spider-Man derivatives. In most cases the grumpies get upset whenever they feel like their precious white male original is threatened.”

Again, if ”most cases” doesn’t describe you then don’t let it. You feeling threatened is on YOU.

You answer those last questions. This thread was fine until the grumpies got negative about characters they can just simply ignore and leave to those who do enjoy them. Don’t be mad at me for challenging back in *response* to the BS that was handed out. I actually like these characters. Characters I don’t understand or like I stay out of those threads and leave the discussion for those who enjoy those characters.

I’m tired of y’all bringing that misery to the Gwen and Miles threads. Particularly a few of you like Biggunz SPECIFICALLY who on multiple occasions now I’ve posted something non threatening about Miles and you have to come right behind me with your BS. I get it. You hate a few characters I like and support. Do you need even more validation? Ok fine. I see you. Cool and understood. Now go be miserable somewhere else. Don’t comment behind me again and let me enjoy.
Old 02-05-2023, 01:28 PM   #219
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Lmao.

I never mentioned race swapping AT ALL. I?m talking about derivative characters. Example, Miles isn?t a race swap, he?s a derivative character. Race swap is Flash Thompson in the MCU. YOU brought in race swapping. And you singled out a single piece of what I said:
?It?s just funny how completely butt hurt some people get about Spider-Man derivatives. In most cases the grumpies get upset whenever they feel like their precious white male original is threatened.?

Again, if ?most cases? doesn?t describe you then don?t let it. You feeling threatened is on YOU.

You answer those last questions. This thread was fine until the grumpies got negative about characters they can just simply ignore and leave to those who do enjoy them. Don?t be mad at me for challenging back in *response* to the BS that was handed out. I actually like these characters. Characters I don?t understand or like I stay out of those threads and leave the discussion for those who enjoy those characters.

I?m tired of y?all bringing that misery to the Gwen and Miles threads. Particularly a few of you like Biggunz SPECIFICALLY who on multiple occasions now I?ve posted something non threatening about Miles and you have to come right behind me with your BS. I get it. You hate a few characters I like and support. Do you need even more validation? Ok fine. I see you. Cool and understood. Now go be miserable somewhere else. Don?t comment behind me again and let me enjoy.
Ok white saviour, so your pathetic rant is over now good,
Who are you to tell me I cant comment, you replied to me so I get the last word so zip it privileged little boy.
Lol Nerd went crazy raging behind his keyboard, tough talk online

Like I said back to topic
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 06:30 PM   #220
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Sorry guys I thought this was the spider gwen statue thread
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote