Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:29 AM   #1
YourKillERCusts
Kindly Asked To Leave

Talking A shout out to Clay from Yourkillercustoms

Just wanted to say you'r a great artist and I respect and admire your work .
I hope you don't view me in a negative way because of recent notice of my work with your she dragon statues. I am a artist like you on a common ground with you and that all us real artist have in common with each other. We artist take from others and what inspires us and what we know.
I RESPECT THE GAME! NO RECASTS! copies or junk from People who steal from us as a whole, JUST THE REAL THING BABY because you deserve credit.I gave your name in every auction but ebay made me remove it for keyword spamming just wanted you to know.
We both have had a helping hand in our projects also. Obviously Your AMAZING SCULPT was a base for me to begin with even thou the ending may be changed a very great deal. You have had a hand in production of these pieces as far as paint apps go at least. You obviously did not paint all 1500 of these fine green ladies all by yourself. I wish you could have! All in all I hope were cool! Love your stuff and I am a big fan and Thanks for the inspiration and help! Yourkillercustoms

Last edited by YourKillERCusts; 05-24-2007 at 04:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
username001
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourKillERCusts View Post
Just wanted to say you'r a great artist and I respect and admire your work .
I hope you don't view me in a negative way because of recent notice of my work with your she dragon statues. I am a artist like you on a common ground with you and that all us real artist have in common with each other. We artist take from others and what inspires us and what we know.
I RESPECT THE GAME! NO RECASTS! copies or junk from People who steal from us as a whole, JUST THE REAL THING BABY because you deserve credit.I gave your name in every auction but ebay made me remove it for keyword spamming just wanted you to know. We both have had a helping hand in our projects also. Obviously YourAMAZING SCULPT was a base for me to begin with even thou the ending may be changed a very great deal. You have had a hand in production of these pieces as far as paint apps go at least. You obviously did not paint all 1500 of these fine green ladies all by yourself. I wish you could have! All in all I hope were cool! Love your stuff and I am a big fan and Thanks for the inspiration and help! Yourkillercustoms

This is interesting...Hopefully, you sent this letter to the CS Moore business address or sent an email to Moore's website, but I'm guessing you didn't. Here, it looks to me like you're just trying to show what a great guy you are by giving these compliments publically. If you were sinere, I would think you would have kept this between you and Moore, but since you've put this on a forum, I'm going to add in a couple of thoughts:

I don't know about Moore, but I would find this pretty offensive if I were him. You take the work of companies like CS Moore or others and you make a living by using their legitimately licensed products and rather than actually sculpting anything worthwhile yourself, you make some minor changes, paint the piece and then blatantly break copyright law and sell it. You then post something like this and make noises about being an "artist like you on a common ground"? Moore has been doing this for years and is considered one of the best and you put yourself on his level in that cringing letter? At best you're a mediocre painter, but don't try to take credit for sculpting just because you add on a wrist band or a tail or somesuch.

It's totally OUT of ORDER

People may adjust these pieces or do a custom paint job, as even Clay Moore's brother has done, but they're not changing the identity of the character to make a buck by breaking the law.
These licensing companies like Moore or Bowen or Hard Heroes go to a lot of trouble to obtain licenses legally and they spend A LOT of money to work out the contracts, pay to have the edition manufactured, pay for shipping to the US and everything else. Moore actually posted about some of these costs. Then blokes like you come along and claim that you're some sort of artist because you rip off this hard work and break copyright law? You should be SUED by DC, Marvel and everyone else, IMO. Do your own work and go get a license if you want to be respected as legitimate. Just because you write some clever line about "this may not be Wonder Woman" doesn't mean you're not ripping off the true license holders and people need to understand that.

Who are you trying to kid mate? And you think you're some sort of bloody sculptor?

You're like a guy that fixed the bumper on a Ferrari with Bondo, then paints the car and claims that you're a Ferrari designer. You're an average painter, you're not a sculptor or a licensor or anything else, so don't try to be.

In the final analysis, you're just a bloody thief.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
LuisCHG
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

WoW
Interesting, I've read both posts and I've to agree more with username001
Old 05-25-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

Heavy-duty, 001. I see where your coming from. Comparing himself w/ Moore might not have been the way to go. But what about other customizers? Are they all thiefs too. Or is the problem strictly in the making of money?
Old 05-26-2007, 01:33 AM   #5
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Who are you and why do you take this so personally? Your account is new and other than a couple of other posts you just come on here and start attacking this guy like he killed your mother. For the most part yourkillercustoms's mods have been received well.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:53 AM   #6
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
Who are you and why do you take this so personally? Your account is new and other than a couple of other posts you just come on here and start attacking this guy like he killed your mother. For the most part yourkillercustoms's mods have been received well.
Honestly I think the guy made some really valid points regardless of how many posts he has.

yourkillercustoms posted it here so I feel its fair game for everyone to respond.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:29 AM   #7
Vracula
Jedi Order

i dont see anything wrong with customizing ,what is this other guy (username001) going on about?
Clay shouldnt be bothered about it ,hes just way too good to even consider being bothered.hes not selling RECASTS.thats the important thing here HES NOT SELLING RECASTS.
as far as liscensing is concerned why dont you go on and rant away in the sculptors corner?
Old 05-26-2007, 06:43 AM   #8
Poisonous
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

The thing about 001's post that bothers me is that the further the post goes, the more insults he/she uses to state his/her point.

I think the point could've just as easily been made without all the insults and harsh accusations. At least then, it would've been easier to agree with you 001, as you do have some legitimate points in there imo.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #9
Barbarian
Jedi Order

So let me get this straight U001...you do NOT agree with customizing the works of others? Is that what you're saying?...because you're being rather vague.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:22 AM   #10
misanthrope
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

the only thing that bothers me is when some shmuck gets all peeved when u tell him his work is not world class...when its obviously not. customizing is cool and clays sculpt can basically be transformed into any female. she dragon is the perfect piece for customizing...but give it a rest.
Closed Thread