Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #11
superboylives
Mephisto

[QUOTE=username001;1176024]
People may adjust these pieces or do a custom paint job, as even Clay Moore's brother has done, but they're not changing the identity of the character to make a buck by breaking the law.

I read the forum several times a day, but don't post much unless I think I have something to say. Username001, I don't get your complaint. It's ok' to do a custom repaint on a sculpt and sell it like Clay Moore's brother has done (Stellar work BTW). But it's not ok' to repaint and change the character and sell it? How does that logic work? Yourkillercustoms purchased the statue, can't he do whatever he wants with it? He's not recasting it. I've seen some of his work on ebay and they're selling well. They're not my cup of tea, but I see no need to insult him or his work. If you don't dig his stuff don't buy it. I agree with some of the other posts. He should have sent a letter to Clay and not posted here. And comparing yourself to Clayburn Moore IMO wasn't a good idea, especially here. But I see nothing wrong with customizing a statue.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #12
username001
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
i dont see anything wrong with customizing ,what is this other guy (username001) going on about?
Clay shouldnt be bothered about it ,hes just way too good to even consider being bothered.hes not selling RECASTS.thats the important thing here HES NOT SELLING RECASTS.
as far as liscensing is concerned why dont you go on and rant away in the sculptors corner?
Totally embarrassing statement!

Is it okay for me and many others to start a business on ebay customizing She-Dragons into Wonder Woman, Storm and many others?

Is it okay for me to take money out of "your" wallet?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #13
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by username001 View Post
Totally embarrassing statement!

Is it okay for me and many others to start a business on ebay customizing She-Dragons into Wonder Woman, Storm and many others?

Is it okay for me to take money out of "your" wallet?
For such personal anger I'd like to know if you have any direct interest in what he's doing? Are you associated with Clay?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #14
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Honestly I think the guy made some really valid points regardless of how many posts he has.

yourkillercustoms posted it here so I feel its fair game for everyone to respond.

You can make valid points without ouright attacking another forum member. He's called this guy a thief. Yourkillercustoms has been posting his work for awhile now with mostly positive reactions. No one has just jumped on here and ripped this guy to shreds and called him an outright thief before. In my opinion it's a violation of forum rules and if you want to critical, so be it, but don't do it in this manner.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #15
username001
Doh!

[QUOTE=superboylives;1177226]
Quote:
Originally Posted by username001 View Post
People may adjust these pieces or do a custom paint job, as even Clay Moore's brother has done, but they're not changing the identity of the character to make a buck by breaking the law.

I read the forum several times a day, but don't post much unless I think I have something to say. Username001, I don't get your complaint. It's ok' to do a custom repaint on a sculpt and sell it like Clay Moore's brother has done (Stellar work BTW). But it's not ok' to repaint and change the character and sell it? How does that logic work? Yourkillercustoms purchased the statue, can't he do whatever he wants with it? He's not recasting it. I've seen some of his work on ebay and they're selling well. They're not my cup of tea, but I see no need to insult him or his work. If you don't dig his stuff don't buy it. I agree with some of the other posts. He should have sent a letter to Clay and not posted here. And comparing yourself to Clayburn Moore IMO wasn't a good idea, especially here. But I see nothing wrong with customizing a statue.

So you are okay with people making money off the backs of other people? - What are you talking about?

Paul Moore does not change the Conan statue into Captain America. I believe what he does is perfectly okay IMO. I believe it's okay to do whatever you want with your statues but, if you change the She-Dragon into Wonder Women and then sell it on ebay your out of order.

read the post again mate.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #16
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I agree with superboylives, vracula, others.

- Username001, if you even had a valid message, your bedside manner is so offensive, nobody cares anymore;
- However, your point is hypocritical: bottom line, whatever the hidden meaning of ykc's post, he BOUGHT the item, he can make it a Teletubbie if he wants to, and resell it as such. As custom. Not recast. His. His. His.
- your point, however, about customizing to licensed characters is valid. But a bigger issue that ykc....go look at sculptors corner and b!tch e'm all out.
That is, after you make sure you have not sold or bought any form of unlicensed work. ever. ever. ever.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #17
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Great drama. I don't think this will last very long at all.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #18
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

"So you are okay with people making money off the backs of other people?"

That's capitalism, mate. Happens all over the world, all the time. Look at the whole chinese statue factory industry.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #19
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomen View Post
I agree with superboylives, vracula, others.

- Username001, if you even had a valid message, your bedside manner is so offensive, nobody cares anymore;
- However, your point is hypocritical: bottom line, whatever the hidden meaning of ykc's post, he BOUGHT the item, he can make it a Teletubbie if he wants to, and resell it as such. As custom. Not recast. His. His. His.
- your point, however, about customizing to licensed characters is valid. But a bigger issue that ykc....go look at sculptors corner and b!tch e'm all out.
That is, after you make sure you have not sold or bought any form of unlicensed work. ever. ever. ever.

Plus, this guy doesn't do this in mass production. At most, he's a artist/ hobbiest who makes a few bucks off of his hobby. He's not getting rich off of doing this.

I think the real issue is if Clay or the rights holders have a problem with it. If he does let him/ them address it .
Old 05-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #20
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

The guy is buying the she-dragon statues therefore he can do whatever he wants with them. If he wants to customize the paint job on it and add a few details and then sell them, I don't see the wrong on it. He is not saying "Wonder Woman by Moore" or "Storm by Moore", he clearly specifies that is a custom so I don't see any harm done.

I agree that you have some valid points that will make an interesting thread but your extremely harsh approach take the attention from them and put it on your insults.
Closed Thread