Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-01-2022, 02:23 PM   #201
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Sure this bust is not 100% and we also need better pictures, but saying it looks nothing like her and that prime1 piece is better likeness is a bit much, not so long ago we had the discussion it looked like felicity jones from rogue 1 for god sakes XD

I know everyone has their opinion but c'mon. It's not perfect yet, but comparing it to the P1 piece is just crazy. I kinda blame Infinity for this. They really should take photos under optimal lighting and release them unedited.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:52 PM   #202
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This is mindblowingly good!
Congrats to those who are gonna get her.
She certainly looks like a piece that people would immediately be drawn to in a collection. Very beautiful!
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 03:20 PM   #203
superdude
The X-Men

Personally I see much more of a likeness here than on the P1 statue (which was far too idealized and missing the rounder cheeks and baby face she has)... but it still needs some work.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:34 PM   #204
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I think it looks quite a bit more accurate than the Prime 1 piece and found it instantly recognizable as Daenerys/Emilia.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:42 PM   #205
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
The eye painting on that image of the prototype is really nice, shame it didn't make in onto the production piece.
That's the best likeness of the character I've seen so far.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:45 PM   #206
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

When it's compared to photos of the character and actress, the differences are made more apparent.

Lose the particular style of hair, clothing choice, and the dragons; and I truly wonder how many would recognise the actress?

The bust is very pretty though. I have Queen's WW bust, and while it's not perfect, it's without a doubt still one of my favourite pieces in my collection. So I'm sure those who order this bust will feel much the same.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:52 PM   #207
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The fact it looks closer than p1 isn't saying much, as they should be getting close at 4 times the size. I do think she looks good, it's just that the closer we get, sometimes uncanny valley is a massive factor and it looks off. I feel that making it a little more caricatured/exaggerating her features a tiny bit, would make it look better. Kinda like what they did with wonder woman
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:57 PM   #208
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
I lucked out and managed to grab the lasso version from someone who had hardcore buyer's remorse. I feel better now, but this is getting too expensive. lol
Yeah, I'm slightly afraid to go down this rabbit hole.

Initially, I said no way to busts due the price but then I started collecting JND 1:3 silicone statues, which is the gateway to even higher-end collectibles like these silicone 1:1 busts.

The WW final product busts were not quite as good as the prototypes, so I'm anticipating a drop-off for Danny.

Queen has a better Gadot sculpt but the Infinity lasso had a better paint app for the skin tone.

Also, the WW hair needs futzing out of the box, which I will dread if I get this Danny since I have no expertise in styling. All that being said, still 70-30 in favor of getting this GOT bust.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:14 PM   #209
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
The fact it looks closer than p1 isn't saying much, as they should be getting close at 4 times the size. I do think she looks good, it's just that the closer we get, sometimes uncanny valley is a massive factor and it looks off. I feel that making it a little more caricatured/exaggerating her features a tiny bit, would make it look better. Kinda like what they did with wonder woman
Their prototypes for GG Wonder Woman and AH Selina Kyle, for likeness alone, are probably the best licensed silicone busts I've ever seen. They were just about perfect.

Unfortunately I personally felt their production quality dropped quite a bit for their WW, that I actually prefer Queen's now.

I've got my fingers crossed on their Selina Kyle, as it's one of my most anticipated busts that I've got coming in (along with all the ones from Queen).
Old 12-01-2022, 06:15 PM   #210
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

And I thought most thought that the Prime 1 piece wasn’t all that good, where likeness was concerned. So being thought to be worse than that, is really saying something.