Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-30-2022, 03:27 AM   #141
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
They may leave it for few more days but definitely don?t expect this to be a regular thing. You guys realize sideshow is literally killing their own future business by doing this type of sales - basically unload inventory for short term $ at the expense of future revenue. As folks will be much more apprehensive buying at full price especially for the ones with large es.

It?s a very fine business tight rope. Weta tried too (remember those crazy bf deals!) but ended up stopping as they realized how much it hurt their future sales. Now their bf is a boring non-event
Yeah, I;'m fully expecting the sales to be pulled by the beginning of December. As you said, it might be too tight a rope to walk between profit short term and losing money long term.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:15 AM   #142
qz33
Doctor Doom

Sideshow just has extra stock from all the supply chain disruptions and people being increasingly cautious.

They have no intention of this being a regular occurrence.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:51 PM   #143
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Sideshow just has extra stock from all the supply chain disruptions and people being increasingly cautious.

They have no intention of this being a regular occurrence.
My thoughts too. Clearing inventory ahead of a more normalized supply chain.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:58 PM   #144
ukshaun
Hercules

The Jean Grey art print arrived today

LOADING: Image(s)

The next step is to have a frame made.
I really like this print
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:21 AM   #145
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
My thoughts too. Clearing inventory ahead of a more normalized supply chain.
They did it again today. Think that the deals will be back tomorrow or was today the last day for it?
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:25 AM   #146
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickleClaw View Post
They did it again today. Think that the deals will be back tomorrow or was today the last day for it?
Best case until Xmas, but if you look at the items/discounts they already not very good, and bogo 50% is gone.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 01:58 PM   #147
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just really suck that I'm not patient enough to wait on these types of deals. Pretty disheartening to see some of these prices and paying full price months ago. Oh well life moves on and on to the next collectible.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:21 PM   #148
AC_808
Hercules

Yeah, none of the sales this week were worth it or were items I didn't want.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 03:37 PM   #149
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Just really suck that I'm not patient enough to wait on these types of deals. Pretty disheartening to see some of these prices and paying full price months ago. Oh well life moves on and on to the next collectible.
Yep. All the statues I?ve ordered and taken delivery of this year have appeared in the BOGO.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:22 PM   #150
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
They may leave it for few more days but definitely don?t expect this to be a regular thing. You guys realize sideshow is literally killing their own future business by doing this type of sales - basically unload inventory for short term $ at the expense of future revenue. As folks will be much more apprehensive buying at full price especially for the ones with large es.

It?s a very fine business tight rope. Weta tried too (remember those crazy bf deals!) but ended up stopping as they realized how much it hurt their future sales. Now their bf is a boring non-event
It's a long overdue correction. This hobby/industry is wishy-washy, but then again, so are most of all of the "serious" ones. Maybe pop culture isn't having the pull it once did, given the ever-shrinking attention span and plethora of distractions available. Sideshow needs to figure out its customer. Things have changed, they have to clear out inventory regardless, but they'll have to change course in some areas to avoid this going forward.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote