Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-19-2022, 06:36 AM   #21
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
So....it's confirmed, Platinum is not *just* more silicone, or higher quality as some suspected.Of course, JND were wise to confirm this - as it would be pure foolishness to undermine your main product lines....this makes me more intrigued.
By having a Platinum range, to some degree has downgraded there current statues to Standard.
Since Platinum does not simply amount to more silicone, then i assume Platinum amounts to more time and effort on the part of the factory.
I am not knocking JND in any way. It will be interesting to see that they have to offer in the future.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:59 AM   #22
pdenham
Teen Titans

If what they've done up till now is considered "standard" , then despite what they are saying here, it's going to amount to a statue that employs a very limited use of silicone (a basic head w/ rooted hair, and possibly the hands also) stuck on either a fully sculpted and painted polystone body-or- stuck on a blank mannequin covered up with cut and sew fabrics.
This is what we've seen on every release so far. Though I guess Harley has a mix of the two.

Maybe future Platinum branded releases won't have extensive silicone, like WW, and are simply going to require some honest to goodness engineering?
Maybe instead of basic museum poses we'll see more dynamic ones, or even quasi-dioramas?
In that case, they will simply be treading on the same ground just about every other established company has already been down and back for years now.

Personally I like companies to "under promise and over deliver". But that's definitely not JNDs bag.

Last edited by pdenham; 09-19-2022 at 12:39 PM. Reason: trying to lower the snark and increase the fiber
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:10 AM   #23
Exorcist
The X-Men

Talking

Teasers will start soon

Last edited by Exorcist; 09-19-2022 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Removed by myself, don’t feel like arguing today :)
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 05:26 PM   #24
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Does this chat need to be closed or merged with the actual chat that is titled ‘JND Studios WW JL 1:3’….? Gets confusing otherwise and makes sense for the chat to be in the section with the actual statue name and character?
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 01:25 AM   #25
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Personally I like companies to "under promise and over deliver". But that's definitely not JNDs bag.
So far, JND has delivered what was promised. I don't think anyone can complain about that.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote