Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-11-2016, 02:36 PM   #11
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

It´s the same like EU. You need to find the wholesaler first. Just write a mail and ask for the shops.

To have an NA wholesaler is the first step.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:42 PM   #12
AC_808
Hercules

Ok. So we are one step closer.

We just don't have the retailers right now. Damn ....
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:57 PM   #13
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

I´m really sure GFX will inform the shops from the new license.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:02 PM   #14
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm sure they will too. The question will be how much of a discount is there versus ordering directly from XM (including shipping).

There are advantages for me to ordering directly from XM if the NA retailer discount isn't "worth" it to me.

It's all baby steps and a great thing for XM in the long run. I hope the sales go well so other licenses can take note of the demand.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #15
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:55 AM   #16
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Hey folks, I'm working with GFX to finalize and announce the resellers/retailers. There are two things I have insisted to GFX for this deal;

1) Pricing must be competitive as compared to buying from XM directly. Retail price wise, there will only be slight variations due to currency fluctuations and taxes. Hence the main savings I am looking at is shipping. At the moment if a collector in US ships an XM box over, it would cost XXX per individual box from Singapore so what I'm trying to do is get a better bulk shipping rate to GFX so they can pass on some savings from shipping. Granted GFX is re-distributing to other retailers and they need to make some profit as well so the savings may not be substantial. But this is baby steps, if GFX starts carrying alot more of our global license stuff, the shipping will be even more cost effective which can be passed on to collectors.

2) Perhaps more importantly (IMO) is GFX's network and commitment to take care of collectors in their region. As XM's HQ is based in Singapore, product issues resulting in shipping back and forth can be considerably costly and time consuming. GFX will help to facilitate and manage product issues, closer to NA collectors. This will mean faster exchanges, fixes and local support which I believe is very important and reassuring to NA collectors.

I will try to get more information from GFX but in the mean time if anyone has any questions feel free to shout it out here and I'll check back.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:37 AM   #17
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Are you still working on getting the price down in the EU? The savings just don't seem to get transferred
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:57 AM   #18
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Hey folks, I'm working with GFX to finalize and announce the resellers/retailers. There are two things I have insisted to GFX for this deal;

1) Pricing must be competitive as compared to buying from XM directly. Retail price wise, there will only be slight variations due to currency fluctuations and taxes. Hence the main savings I am looking at is shipping. At the moment if a collector in US ships an XM box over, it would cost XXX per individual box from Singapore so what I'm trying to do is get a better bulk shipping rate to GFX so they can pass on some savings from shipping. Granted GFX is re-distributing to other retailers and they need to make some profit as well so the savings may not be substantial. But this is baby steps, if GFX starts carrying alot more of our global license stuff, the shipping will be even more cost effective which can be passed on to collectors.

2) Perhaps more importantly (IMO) is GFX's network and commitment to take care of collectors in their region. As XM's HQ is based in Singapore, product issues resulting in shipping back and forth can be considerably costly and time consuming. GFX will help to facilitate and manage product issues, closer to NA collectors. This will mean faster exchanges, fixes and local support which I believe is very important and reassuring to NA collectors.

I will try to get more information from GFX but in the mean time if anyone has any questions feel free to shout it out here and I'll check back.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. This is a step in the right direction.

I'm hoping this new program with GFX's network of retailers goes well so in the future you can work out a deal with Marvel/DC to get a N.A. license.

I'm a newer XM buyer who lives in the US, and I feel like buying an XM piece is very underground where you send deposit money to someone in Singapore you really dont know in hopes that when the product is ready to ship, they will collect the rest of the funds and ship the piece to you.

With that said I find people in Singapore to be more very honest, and treat transactions respectfully, more so sometimes than dealing with people in the US.

Anyway congrats on the partnership with GFX.
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:11 AM   #19
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

So where can I pick up a Ghost Rider?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #20
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
I'm curious if this will actually save us in NA any money verses what we do now.
Yes this is what I'm wondering as well, guess will have to wait and see here soon!! This makes me happy especially with the Star Wars license and the increased ES this will be a blessing but only if the price is right!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote