Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 09-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #21
protector2814
Phoenix

How far away do you all think we're from Conan the Conqueror? Any educated guesses?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #22
Davidian
Omega Flight

2nd quarter next year maybe, being that he's still sculpting it.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #23
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Would it be an issue with your lady about this nearly naked piece, by chance? If not, what's the reason?
Thats part of it, although I do have She Dragon who is naked-er and sexier. I ordered this at the same time as Lady Death and really only because its Clay and since then I have purchased a house and need to be a little more selective and stop making impulse buys. I am also trying to get my statue room together and this peice is the equivalent of about three Detolf Cabinets.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #24
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
2nd quarter next year maybe, being that he's still sculpting it.
I'm guessing 3rd or 4th quarter. That way, I'll be elated if it comes earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post
Thats part of it, although I do have She Dragon who is naked-er and sexier. I ordered this at the same time as Lady Death and really only because its Clay and since then I have purchased a house and need to be a little more selective and stop making impulse buys. I am also trying to get my statue room together and this peice is the equivalent of about three Detolf Cabinets.
Yeah, I dig. I also am becoming far more selective, and even selling off a lot of stuff soon. Part of what I'm keeping and continuing to collect though will be Clay's works. Thanks for the explanation, Cage.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #25
Magik
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I have the red variant school girl and the Witchblade ll statues, but I'm still keeping my pre-order on this one. Once I look over all of them together, I may sell one.

I also thought the blue school girl statue looked better than the red, but got the red because it was autographed. Still on the fence about selling it and getting a blue version.

Aloha,
Pat
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #26
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik View Post
I have the red variant school girl and the Witchblade ll statues, but I'm still keeping my pre-order on this one. Once I look over all of them together, I may sell one.

I also thought the blue school girl statue looked better than the red, but got the red because it was autographed. Still on the fence about selling it and getting a blue version.

Aloha,
Pat
Sounds like a solid plan. As for selling off the red for the blue, I personally wouldn't rush the decision. I know for a fact that you can get a decent deal on ebay, if you keep your eyes peeled for one. One just went for $84 yesterday. Of course shipping for it was almost $30.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #27
Magik
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Sounds like a solid plan. As for selling off the red for the blue, I personally wouldn't rush the decision. I know for a fact that you can get a decent deal on ebay, if you keep your eyes peeled for one. One just went for $84 yesterday. Of course shipping for it was almost $30.
You're so right. Ebay presents a lot of good opportunities, but it's so hard to stay away from all of them. I need to learn to exercise extreme caution on that site.
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #28
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik View Post
You're so right. Ebay presents a lot of good opportunities, but it's so hard to stay away from all of them. I need to learn to exercise extreme caution on that site.
I understand perfectly. When it comes to eBay, extreme caution has mostly eluded me. Only in the past year have I seriously slowed down. Now I buy mostly new releases direct from the manufacturer.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #29
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Hey brothers and sisters. Just asked Shelley about the ETA for this piece. They are expected to arrive in Dallas on 9/25. Clay is to fly down an sign the pieces, then they are expected to ship the week of 9/29. So it's right around the next bend. Can't friggin' wait!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #30
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Excellent.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote