Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-24-2021, 06:45 PM   #211
AC_808
Hercules

Yup. A character I would love to buy in 1/4 scale. But had to pass because of the pose.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:18 AM   #212
littlethings10
Doh!

I like the custom archangel from wolfpax more than xm....
xm angel head sculpt and pose really make me pass
littlethings10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:36 PM   #213
aaronica
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlethings10 View Post
I like the custom archangel from wolfpax more than xm....
xm angel head sculpt and pose really make me pass

i prefer the angry monkey version , stoic and menacing. sometimes less is more
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:44 PM   #214
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Great sculpt, amazing wings, awesome paints on both prices - all held back by a bad pose. Bet they could have sold double if his head and arm were in different wnt positions. Hell, just the head looking slightly down or straight on would have changed everything.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:24 AM   #215
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronica View Post
i prefer the angry monkey version , stoic and menacing. sometimes less is more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Great sculpt, amazing wings, awesome paints on both prices - all held back by a bad pose. Bet they could have sold double if his head and arm were in different wnt positions. Hell, just the head looking slightly down or straight on would have changed everything.
I just saw that Angry Monkey one. Concept is perfect. I love Wing blade pieces and that he's standing on top of bones. Pose is also great. Standing on top of his work shows how deadly he is. Archangel has presence. No need to go overboard. (Pose and Concept are the most important elements for me in a statue)

XM's Pose would work for an Angel since he's escaping the darkness.

But this is Archangel. They should have focused more on Angel of Death. Demona makes a good point. If he was looking down attacking, then it'd work far better.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:28 AM   #216
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Agree had he been staring down like he was slicing up the tentacles it would have looked good.

Also the portraits............just bad looking colors..
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:37 AM   #217
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Official XM Archangel X-Force 1/4 Statue Assembly Video -

?Warren's life changed forever the day he began sprouting wings from his shoulder blades, and he hid them under his clothes. Later, when fire struck his dormitory, Warren discovered while escaping that his wings enabled him to fly. Donning a blond wig and long nightshirt to disguise himself as an anonymous "angel," Warren saved the other students. Warren soon became the costumed crime-fighting Avenging Angel and attracted the attention of Professor Xavier, who recruited him as a founding member of the heroic, mutant X-Men team."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:45 AM   #218
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Great companion piece to the upcoming Apocalypse statue. Art Statue Collector Apocalypse prototype review is up and it has to the two side by side for comparison. This is going to be one beast of a display that I have planned for the two of them.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 07:16 AM   #219
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I saw the recent ASC video of the XM Archangel and WOW, this piece is awesome! AND a choice between classic and X-Force?! Choosing between these 2 is like choosing between twins in bed. You just gotta have both!

Dayum! I am trying to justify getting both but realistically can only get one. For those picking this up, which way did you go?

In my critique of the pose...

I interpret this as the birth of Archangel with Apocalypse tentacles below representing unleashing one of his horseman to the world.

OR....

Archangel's struggle to free himself from the monster Apocalypse made him which defined much of the character he became.

No matter the way you go....just DAYUM!!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 07:31 AM   #220
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I look at it as the latter, he's trying to escape.

Really beautiful piece from the video but it's classic or bust for me haven't decided to get this yet, struggling much more with buying(or not) apocalypse. He sings to me.... (it's creepy).
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote