Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #1491
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
As you touched the topic of 'Marvel' who are your favourite Marvel characters
Taskmaster, Moon Knight, Stegron, Rhino, Crimson Dynamo, Magik, Iron Fist, I could go on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Unique scale....1:3 and super limited

Chris
its funny you would say that. The only thing thats really been in the back of my head ar 1:3 scale Cinemaquette style Marvel pieces. All in Stoic poses on the same black museum style base.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #1492
Niero
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Taskmaster, Moon Knight, Stegron, Rhino, Crimson Dynamo, Magik, Iron Fist, I could go on....

its funny you would say that. The only thing thats really been in the back of my head ar 1:3 scale Cinemaquette style Marvel pieces. All in Stoic poses on the same black museum style base.
The scale is great, but the real hair in the cinemaquette pieces looks really lame. The portrait of their pieces are all off, I can't see Aragon or Jack Sparrow there, the material they use for the skin must be really hard to work.

But, if done right, could be a great idea!
Niero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #1493
Punchy
Fantastic Four

I understand Blanka and Dhalsim 1/4 are stuck in approval hell, but can you say if work has begun on Honda or Balrog? Can't wait to see the original 12 on my shelf!
Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #1494
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
I understand Blanka and Dhalsim 1/4 are stuck in approval hell, but can you say if work has begun on Honda or Balrog? Can't wait to see the original 12 on my shelf!
This +1
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #1495
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Dude, it would be epic. You will cover a market that no one else has touched. You'll crush sideshow and their LSF line, I mean who's gonna buy their "open edition" confused scale stuff over your museum pose 1:3 stuff?

You would also beat the likes of CM since they only release a piece once every 5 years during a full moon.

I'm down to start a whole new marvel line 1:3 from PCS. I would support you 100%

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #1496
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Dude, it would be epic. You will cover a market that no one else has touched. You'll crush sideshow and their LSF line, I mean who's gonna buy their "open edition" confused scale stuff over your museum pose 1:3 stuff?

You would also beat the likes of CM since they only release a piece once every 5 years during a full moon.

I'm down to start a whole new marvel line 1:3 from PCS. I would support you 100%

Chris
+1 FO SHO!!!!
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #1497
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:

haha Taskmaster comes in your mind first One of my favs as well!! Best teamup: Taskmaster + Deadpool + Deathstroke

Well if you do 1/3 scale mixed media + stoic + same bases I would sell of all my SS marvels for a nice bunch of $$$ and with this money I start a whole new Marvel PCS line 1000% sure.

That would be epic!! Imagine all of them standing next to each other in same scale, same base, limited, woooooooooooooooooza & bazingaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #1498
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:

Chris
I wish I could I say I would join you Chris......but.....ummmmm......NO!

No money like that...lol.

The question about this Jerry, do you think you would be able to price 1:3 statues fairly? And I mean, like, under 1K? Marvel I presume, especially now that Disney has all the rights I am sure would not be cheap to come by.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1499
no gears
Sinister Six

I hope this 1/3 line isn't just wishful thinking, cause man I'd be sooooo down for this line. Wow this made my day lol
no gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #1500
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Jerry, please do go on with your favourite Marvel characters!!

I would so love and think it be a holy grail if you were to take on and make 'Blackheart' from the Marvel universe as a project.

Similar to style of 'Blanka' as to how you would approach hair from a synthetic point of view, but also make it similar to the pose of 'Mumm-Ra' from your ThunderCats line.

What do you think?

Quote:

darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote