Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-02-2021, 11:58 AM   #411
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'll take Batman villains over Spider-Man villains any day.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:54 PM   #412
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'll take Batman villains over Spider-Man villains any day.
Agreed. Batman and X-Men have the best villains. No question.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #413
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

not that these villains are better, but there were always something about the Flash's villains that are just plain wacky, which was always fun
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:18 PM   #414
Igo
Producer
Producer

GUYS! He-Man has the best villains - Skeletor, Trap Jaw, Mer-Man, Beast Man, Webstor, Whiplash, Clawful, SCAREGLOW!??! Forgetaboutit...

But in all seriousness... Batman, Spider-Man AND the X-Men all have some of the best villains of all time. We can all agree on that. We're spoiled...
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:40 PM   #415
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm an X-Men fan and still think that Batman and Spider-Man has better rogues. Batman probably moreso because he has a nice smattering of ladies and men to who have beef.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 02:11 PM   #416
Mister H
Youngblood

Batman is top dog in the villain department....and every other department. He not only has a long list of baddies but each of them is an all-star. Except for MothMan and that flower guy, their dumb. Like I said previously, Spidey and X-Men villains are close but when it comes down to it their rogues lists are a little top heavy and get a little weaker as you go down.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 02:12 PM   #417
Mister H
Youngblood

Ahem.....IMO of course.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 02:35 PM   #418
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Batman is top dog in the villain department....and every other department. He not only has a long list of baddies but each of them is an all-star. Except for MothMan and that flower guy, their dumb. Like I said previously, Spidey and X-Men villains are close but when it comes down to it their rogues lists are a little top heavy and get a little weaker as you go down.
Killer Moth and Bloom? I like those two, but no they aren't great. I'd like statues of both and still wouldn't put them on a top 20 list.

Feel like X-Men have really strong top people, but then after about 10, it falls off a cliff to people like Arcade, Mojo, Sauron, and Avalanche. But they do have more solid teams to go up against than most heroes, for obvious reasons. I think most of the Brotherhood characters are weak, but they work as a team foil.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 03:28 PM   #419
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I’m only speaking for myself here, but yeah, Batman and Spidey are at the top, but when it comes to the X-Men, I feel differently about them. When I think of the X-Men baddies, I don’t think of them as rogues, I think of them as simply X-Men. When I think of Magneto, I don’t think of him as a rogue, I think of him as….an X-Man. Likewise , for say, Mystique. I don’t think of her as a sexy baddie rouge (she sexy alright), I just think of her as an X-Man.

I just don’t picture Magneto and Professor X as diametrically opposed to, opposite of or antithetical to one another the same way I do for Batman and the Joker. To me, they’re all X-Men, they each just have different mutant powers, abilities and obviously motivations.

Weird….I know.

Having said all that, I wish I had the money and the space to collect all Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men characters. If I did, those would be the substance of my collection, but due to those constraints, Batman won out.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:52 PM   #420
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I’m only speaking for myself here, but yeah, Batman and Spidey are at the top, but when it comes to the X-Men, I feel differently about them. When I think of the X-Men baddies, I don’t think of them as rogues, I think of them as simply X-Men. When I think of Magneto, I don’t think of him as a rogue, I think of him as….an X-Man. Likewise , for say, Mystique. I don’t think of her as a sexy baddie rouge (she sexy alright), I just think of her as an X-Man.

I just don’t picture Magneto and Professor X as diametrically opposed to, opposite of or antithetical to one another the same way I do for Batman and the Joker. To me, they’re all X-Men, they each just have different mutant powers, abilities and obviously motivations.

Weird….I know.

Having said all that, I wish I had the money and the space to collect all Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men characters. If I did, those would be the substance of my collection, but due to those constraints, Batman won out.
Very lol. No, I think I get what you're saying to some degree at least. Magneto and Mystique have both been X-Men. I think the commonality of a lot of them being mutants and dealing with that struggle puts them on some level of shared ground which can blur the lines between friend/foe...good guy/bad guy.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote