Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-21-2021, 01:20 PM   #1781
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I noticed that in some photos you can also see hair in the legs. Are they also present in the scenes shot for the movie?
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:35 PM   #1782
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by predators87 View Post
I noticed that in some photos you can also see hair in the legs. Are they also present in the scenes shot for the movie?
i don't see hair/quills here:

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:39 PM   #1783
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

BTW:

after watching Predator on Friday i watched the credits. and I didn't see Stan Winston's name in the Credits. I see Steve Wang's name 2X and Josh Rosengrant...but i didn't see Stan's name or Stan Winston Studio.

am i missing something...really weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrMtSe1iNfo
Old 07-21-2021, 01:39 PM   #1784
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

duplicate post...might as well make it fun!

Old 07-21-2021, 02:11 PM   #1785
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Haha don't worry my point isn't about materials but perspective.

Spending what is a fortune to many people on something held in such high regard being produced to the lowest standard possible, just enough to get a sale from thousands of miles away.

4K is just too much to invest in a single piece of frail "polystone"
Lmao every discussion on every thread you mention the same thing on every statue. Why pay thousands on powdered stone? It's just plastic, it's made from China, China stuff is cheap etc. I'm beginning to suspect you only target purchases of collectibles sub $1000 range (if even that). I've noticed you like to drop on different threads, by what you deem more 'expensive' pieces (like this) and sprout the same opinion over and over and over again. The common theme is your never ever interested in buying any of polystone pieces in the thousand dollar range and you always circle back to the same points over and over again.

Its getting really old mate, if I went to an art exhibition and kept telling everyone to not buy the paintings, because it's only paper and paint not worth hundreds and thousands. Then do the same thing at different art exhibition around the world and keep on repeating on how expensive art drawings are and it's just paint x50 plus different exhibitions around the world. Do you see how weird and salty this starts getting?

Some people have appreciation for art, some don't. Some have money, some don't. Your never interested in any polystone statues (unless you can buy ones like this for sub $100) so why do you even bother dropping your same 2 cents on every single 'expensive' collectible thread?

Btw these aren't investments for me (you seem to always tie these to investments, again bizarre), I consider them art work, once in my home, never back on the market for sale.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:45 PM   #1786
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
BTW:

after watching Predator on Friday i watched the credits. and I didn't see Stan Winston's name in the Credits. I see Steve Wang's name 2X and Josh Rosengrant...but i didn't see Stan's name or Stan Winston Studio.

am i missing something...really weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrMtSe1iNfo
"CREATURE CREATED BY STAN WINSTON" is in the opening credits...

https://youtu.be/zxsVKEjpEz8
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:42 PM   #1787
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
"CREATURE CREATED BY STAN WINSTON" is in the opening credits...

https://youtu.be/zxsVKEjpEz8
good stuff. i remembered seeing his name in the credits...then when i was looking for it in the ending credits...im like WHERE IS IT. that's where it is/was!
Old 07-21-2021, 03:49 PM   #1788
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Still waiting on that Prime 1 Keaton piece…….
I'm still waiting as well. A 1/3 Keaton made with the same care as this Predator is my Grail.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:54 PM   #1789
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
You sound like a troll. Leave this thread.
You sound ignorant. Leave the internet.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:20 PM   #1790
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Ha ha it's not "engineering" just cheap materials.

That's the biggest thing keeping me from taking a gamble on this piece; it being made from nothing but brittle polyester and stone powder. If I don't think it's worth the money then I'm risking it not breaking in transit just to sell it at a loss and the risk if it does break being left with something utterly worthless.

For less than an extra $100 per statue this could be cast from FAR stronger resins and for $200 resin so strong you could bang it against a wall without it even chipping. Instead it will be made so fragile that some will snap in transit under their own weight.
Which Prime 1 statues do you have that are light and brittle?

Their statues are nice and heavy weight solid! It's not like Sideshow with their hollow egg shell statues!

For example, I had to force the leg of my Scorpion Alien in it's tight peg hole, lol... and the leg felt like a crow bar! I was worried at 1st I could accidentally break it off, but they're not cheap brittle polystone resin. Not the ones I got at least.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote