Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-14-2023, 09:24 AM   #1071
Knights98
Doh!

First off, I am fairly new to the statue hobby and if this is the wrong place I apologize in advance. Sorry for the crappy picture, but in the middle of a move and no display set up yet. I recently picked up the black suit version of this statue and there are some paint defects on the belt. The distributor has offered a small partial credit or to swap out the whole statue. It seems like there is some give and take with the statue hobby. Is this issue to trivial to warrant getting the statue replaced? FWIW I have zero knowledge or experience with paint so doing the touch up myself would be a challenge at best. TIA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CDA7FF32-6F23-4411-865A-2076F75D30AD.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	160972  
Knights98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 10:47 AM   #1072
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights98 View Post
First off, I am fairly new to the statue hobby and if this is the wrong place I apologize in advance. Sorry for the crappy picture, but in the middle of a move and no display set up yet. I recently picked up the black suit version of this statue and there are some paint defects on the belt. The distributor has offered a small partial credit or to swap out the whole statue. It seems like there is some give and take with the statue hobby. Is this issue to trivial to warrant getting the statue replaced? FWIW I have zero knowledge or experience with paint so doing the touch up myself would be a challenge at best. TIA
welcome to State Forum.

this is a SUPER EASY touch up. After you have the supplies, it will disappear in less than 5 minutes.

Go to Michaels Arts & Crafts in the paint isle and pick up 3 or 4 bottles of 2 oz acrylic paint, there is an entire section of these little bottles usually in the back of the store somewhere. They are like $1.99 a bottle. You will need: YELLOW-ORANGE-BROWN and possibly red. - also you will need to buy a small bottle of MOD PODGE matte sealer. 2 oz, it's like $5-6. and a little bag of paintbrushes you can get the cheap-o sets for $4.99 that come with like 25 brushes, they're fine for this.

on a white paper plate (your pallet): Mix squirt out a little yellow, a little brown, a little orange...and mix them little drips of each together like a elementary school art project. less is more. then another brushYou should be able to get a perfect match. Then with the mixture of the correct color paint get a fine paint brush and dab it on the chipped white area. the chipped the paint should go in that chipped area very well as there is no sealer or existing paint there.

the after you are done painting you will need to let it dry and then coat (brush paint on) the top flap of the bag you painted with the mod podge sealer, a light coat, this will give the top layer a consistent finish and if the color is matched close, you won't be able to tell there was ever a chip. the

when i first started in this hobby little chips like this were the END OF THE WORLD because i didn't have the skills to fix them myself and i didn't know anyone to fix them. You can do this yourself its a level let me know if you have questions.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 12:08 PM   #1073
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights98 View Post
I can fix that
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 02:06 PM   #1074
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
welcome to State Forum.

this is a SUPER EASY touch up. After you have the supplies, it will disappear in less than 5 minutes.

Go to Michaels Arts & Crafts in the paint isle and pick up 3 or 4 bottles of 2 oz acrylic paint, there is an entire section of these little bottles usually in the back of the store somewhere. They are like $1.99 a bottle. You will need: YELLOW-ORANGE-BROWN and possibly red. - also you will need to buy a small bottle of MOD PODGE matte sealer. 2 oz, it's like $5-6. and a little bag of paintbrushes you can get the cheap-o sets for $4.99 that come with like 25 brushes, they're fine for this.

on a white paper plate (your pallet): Mix squirt out a little yellow, a little brown, a little orange...and mix them little drips of each together like a elementary school art project. less is more. then another brushYou should be able to get a perfect match. Then with the mixture of the correct color paint get a fine paint brush and dab it on the chipped white area. the chipped the paint should go in that chipped area very well as there is no sealer or existing paint there.

the after you are done painting you will need to let it dry and then coat (brush paint on) the top flap of the bag you painted with the mod podge sealer, a light coat, this will give the top layer a consistent finish and if the color is matched close, you won't be able to tell there was ever a chip. the

when i first started in this hobby little chips like this were the END OF THE WORLD because i didn't have the skills to fix them myself and i didn't know anyone to fix them. You can do this yourself its a level let me know if you have questions.
Alternatively if they're small enough, find a similarly colored marker and color it in. Easiest with black though
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 11:06 PM   #1075
Knights98
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
welcome to State Forum.

Thanks for the info! I?ll have to try this once I get it on display.
Knights98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:33 PM   #1076
GhostAsparagus
Frackin!

With this being low stock and the golden week sale going on, I finally just took the jump after more than two years of really wanting it but not having either the space or the funds free until now. Reward points made it sting a little less. Can't wait! Unfortunately though because I went for economy shipping direct from P1, I'll just have to live vicariously through the pictures in this thread for a few more months.
GhostAsparagus is offline   Reply With Quote