Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-26-2021, 01:37 AM   #21
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I feel that XM does all the obscure characters and ssc just ignores and does all the rehashes. There’s so many characters SSC can do like Archangel, Jubliee, Nightcrawler, Beast, Xavier, Enchantress, Selene, Ice-man, The Fantastic Four team minus Thing, Madelyne Pryor, Nebula, Lady Deathstrike, Magik, Polaris, Havok, Moonknight, Quicksilver, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Starlord, Nick Fury, Bishop, Namor, Blade, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider, Ant-man, Wasp and Mr. Sinister to name a few.

Same could be said for DC. I would love to see Martian Manhunter, Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Shazam, Mera, Hawkman, Raven, Vixen, Killer Frost and Kitana.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #22
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Maybe I should extend the title to include DC also.
You could add Star Wars in there as well, lol!
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:57 PM   #23
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

The strange part is that some of the characters who hav3 not yet been done are main characters. Like, Spider-Man’s rogues are very well known. They’ve had movies. They are recurring characters going back decades.

For DC, it’s like, where is hawkman, Cyborg, manhunter, two face, Riddler, Penguin, etc? The Batman rogues have been in movies going back to 1989, had three major arkham games, and still so little.

For Star Wars, the lore is so deep. The emperor premium format was made back in 2011. They have never made Lando. It can’t be resources. Like, they just launched a life sized salacious crumb. The messed up part of this is the second time SS has done a life sized Crumb and we have never seen a Lando premium format. Leia has been done 8n the same outfit twice. Han, same outfit. There have been three versions of 1/4 Fett.

I don’t know what’s going on there. I don’t know how we can get a new Catwoman and Harley Quinn each year. How do we get a new venom and wolverine every year?
Some of these other studios only exist to fill the holes that SS leaves open.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:10 PM   #24
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
The strange part is that some of the characters who hav3 not yet been done are main characters. Like, Spider-Man’s rogues are very well known. They’ve had movies. They are recurring characters going back decades.

For DC, it’s like, where is hawkman, Cyborg, manhunter, two face, Riddler, Penguin, etc? The Batman rogues have been in movies going back to 1989, had three major arkham games, and still so little.

For Star Wars, the lore is so deep. The emperor premium format was made back in 2011. They have never made Lando. It can’t be resources. Like, they just launched a life sized salacious crumb. The messed up part of this is the second time SS has done a life sized Crumb and we have never seen a Lando premium format. Leia has been done 8n the same outfit twice. Han, same outfit. There have been three versions of 1/4 Fett.

I don’t know what’s going on there. I don’t know how we can get a new Catwoman and Harley Quinn each year. How do we get a new venom and wolverine every year?
Some of these other studios only exist to fill the holes that SS leaves open.
Not to detract from the criticism, but the Salacious Crumb is Regal Robot, not Sideshow. I had no idea there was a previous one.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:34 PM   #25
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think when you start making lists, you do see that Sideshow has done a variety of characters for Marvel. I think there is more of a problem with DC releases. You have so many Wonder woman, Harley, Batman, Superman, and Cat-woman releases now.
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:31 AM   #26
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
I think when you start making lists, you do see that Sideshow has done a variety of characters for Marvel. I think there is more of a problem with DC releases. You have so many Wonder woman, Harley, Batman, Superman, and Cat-woman releases now.
That's more of a DC problem. They had 23 Bat-family comics releases scheduled for July. 12 solo/team-ups, 11 villains/allies spin offs, 6 team books. Might even be missing some. Wonder Woman and Superman each get 5 plus some team books. Flash gets 1 plus at least a team appearance.

Marvel doesn't have a single character that consistently eclipses everyone else like that, but Spider-Man's working on it. Batman even covers more books than all the extended X-Men characters and it's not close. That's wild.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote