Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-26-2021, 11:23 AM   #341
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Does anyone have box dimensions as of yet? I'm hearing that the box may require 2 people to carry it. Thank you.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:20 PM   #342
pdenham
Teen Titans

Given how high the shipping charge is compared to the Cap a year ago, I believe it.

I'm very trepidatious about that base arriving safely. So many tiny, delicate accents that extend out. I can envision a lot of these arriving with Fenris' ears, the world serpent's scales, or Loki's horns all being broken off. Probably should have been red flagged at the concept stage, but we'll see I guess.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:55 PM   #343
The Merovingian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Given how high the shipping charge is compared to the Cap a year ago, I believe it.

I'm very trepidatious about that base arriving safely. So many tiny, delicate accents that extend out. I can envision a lot of these arriving with Fenris' ears, the world serpent's scales, or Loki's horns all being broken off. Probably should have been red flagged at the concept stage, but we'll see I guess.
I just paid the shipping charge of nearly $600.00, but I don't have dimensions as of yet. From what I'm hearing, I'm not sure if this box will fit inside of my SUV; as I might be required to rent a pick-up truck when it arrives at the local DHL facility. I'm hoping the box will survive the journey to the States, as oversize boxes tend not to receive a great deal of TLC from shipping carriers.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:03 PM   #344
pdenham
Teen Titans

I'm starting to dread receiving it.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:12 AM   #345
The Merovingian

Official LBS Dimensions of box for Thor: 98 X 66.5 X 50.5 (CM)
38.5 X 26.1 X 20 (Inches)

Official LBS weight for Thor: Net weight = 30KG/66 pounds, Gross weight = 42KG/92.5 pounds
Old 07-27-2021, 11:50 AM   #346
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Eh if that's really the size, it's not that horrible. At least within the realms of this hobby.

That's not really all that largely different from the XM Lady Death box, and this is a pretty good sized 1/3 character & base fitting in 1 box.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:06 AM   #347
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Eh if that's really the size, it's not that horrible. At least within the realms of this hobby.

That's not really all that largely different from the XM Lady Death box, and this is a pretty good sized 1/3 character & base fitting in 1 box.
Nearly 70lbs and >3' x 2.5' is monstrous.

For some(many?) that's easily something that will require two people to safely lug- especially if you need to go though narrow doorways or up flights of stairs (which I do).

I thought I would be able to use a panel carrier to get a better grip on it, and because I have relatively short arms. Now I'm realizing that's not gonna work.
70's lbs is going to be too much for me to hoist up with one arm, while the other tries to balance it.

I'm thinking I'm going to need to use straps and a board. And it's still gonna be a back breaker, trying to get it up a flight of stairs.

IIRC, when Cap got here last year, I had to take it up the stairs one step at a time. And that wasn't quite as large or heavy as this one will be.

And the forecast here has rain for most of the rest of the week.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:50 AM   #348
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This piece is gorgeous. Probably the best Thor ever made. I wish I had the extra money.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:22 PM   #349
XMAN
Ultron

I agree it’s gotta to be the best Thor ever made.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:23 AM   #350
The Merovingian

In hand photos of Thor posted on LBS Facebook page yesterday. This statue is truly epic.