Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #1001
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNew View Post
The point is they are creating an entire property or brand. No limits to where it can go. Comic books, Graphic Novels, Children apparel, VIDEO GAMES!!! MOTION PICTURES!!, THEME PARKS!!! COURT of the DEAD CRUZ LINE !!!! RESORT ISLAND DESTINATION!!!!

Sign me up for that COURT of the DEAD CRUZ my man.

I will keep me eyeballs open for Gallevarbe.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #1002
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
… or how about Gallevarbe's log ride!!!
That could be cool and quite scary as you would never know where or when she would pop out of the water to get you!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #1003
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
The point is they are creating an entire property or brand. No limits to where it can go. Comic books, Graphic Novels, Children apparel, VIDEO GAMES!!! MOTION PICTURES!!, THEME PARKS!!! COURT of the DEAD CRUZ LINE !!!! RESORT ISLAND DESTINATION!!!!
Mark....dude....REALLY??

And I don't think I would be visiting a CotD resort destination. I like to try and sleep peacefully.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #1004
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
that would be KILLAH!!!!

i hope it happens. i could totally see a movie being made. COTD caught in between Heaven and Hell.
now that would be SAF!!!!

now that it think about it. heck i wouldn't be surprised iif this is more than likely already in the works. and im sure Guillermo del Toro would be directing it seems how they are all good buddies and SS has already had some silver screen time in Pacific Rim..and not to mention that del Toro loves morbid monster movie making.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #1005
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Mark....dude....REALLY??

And I don't think I would be visiting a CotD resort destination. I like to try and sleep peacefully.
"Sleep is for the weak!"

LOL, I haven't had much sleep this week. Trying to get my share of horror in this month. Tis the season for fear.

dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #1006
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
"Sleep is for the weak!"

LOL, I haven't had much sleep this week. Trying to get my share of horror in this month. Tis the season for fear.

Right there with ya Wisconsin!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:59 AM   #1007
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I think you guys have a great property/franchise on your hands. Honestly your character designs and the back story you're creating for them has great potential.

Could this become a huge franchise known to those even unaware of Sideshow collectibles? I definitely think the potential is there.

So I want to wish you guys luck in this endeavor.

It's quite exciting to be a collector now. Because if this property truly takes off, then it will be great to be in at the ground floor,

I also think that Sideshow's taking this line very seriously, which means great things for the CotD collectors. Sideshow will need to hit high QC on every piece in order for this to becoma a franchise.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #1008
COI

I think the long-term success of this line will depend on a confluence of factors. This isn't a licensed property with an established fanbase, so each piece will have to earn its sales. The most important thing will be quality, particularly whether or not they execute in terms of making the production pieces look like the prototypes. After that, it'll be about long term support through a steady stream of sneaks and releases to keep people's interest.

I think the Queen isn't sold out because people are waiting for in-hand pics, and there's no EX impetus to get people to jump on. In light of a number of recent proto to production disappointments, I think collectors are looking for quality. These prototypes are some of the most, if not THE most detailed collectible statues ever conceived. If they can get these pieces close enough to the protos, they'll sell like crazy. Nostalgia is powerful, but it isn't the only thing driving this hobby.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #1009
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Great post, COI. I think you pretty much nailed it.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #1010
grphyx1
Kingpin

How did you come to the conclusion that Kier is more popular? did you base it on reaction on this forum? the folks on here make it a fraction of the collecting community. I think Queen hasn't sold out because it is new franchise for SS. At the minimum I'd think 3000 might be what they wish to do for all of them. I've seen a few people say they will get the whole line, but I think once the reality of the amount of space these will require, that will definitely change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I had this thought the other day: What if Kier actually ends up with a smaller ES than the queen...

I mean, Queen has an ES of 3000 and STILL hasn't sold out. What if only 2100 people decided to order her.

I know Kier is more popular. So what if 2400 people order Kier.

I know I'm probably wrong but even with Kier's popularity, maybe they over saturated the ES on the Queen SO much, that Kier will HAVE to have a smaller ES, even if phisically, she sells more....
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote