Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #1131
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I'm sure if u guys wanted to make it a package deal in one box, it would be done. This is just a cop out that Ssc assumes (if that was true) that people can not afford them as 1 so SSC decide to split it into 2 purchases to lower the cost of the PF.

Factor in that this primaryly affects international buyers with additional shipping cost and custom fees. Nobody wants to pay additional $$ to buy it as a set when this could be made into one.
The cost won't be kept down though, will it? I expect Olgie will still be up there close to $500. Now, it's plus the hound. Even considering the hound may cost $200 we're talking an easy $800-$900 all in.

There's one thing to be taken from this, SS are supremely confident about this line despite the edition sizes and the fact not a single piece is in hand. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out down the line.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #1132
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Honestly, I couldn't care less for the hound, I would have probably never displayed it. Still, I wasn't wowed at all by Oglavaeil's size so I can't see all this buzz around its price range. I'll keep an eye open for detailed pics and measures, but I'm not willing to drop silly money (500+) on this piece.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:53 PM   #1133
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
Yeah that's like buying a new car and they tell you that the tires are sold separately. That way it makes the car more affordable.
I'd say it's more akin to a 6 disc CD changer or extra navigation feature which you would in fact pay more for. Tires are essential to a car, the dog isn't comparable. It is an add on feature.

Quote:
I'm sure if u guys wanted to make it a package deal in one box, it would be done. This is just a cop out that Ssc assumes (if that was true) that people can not afford them as 1 so SSC decide to split it into 2 purchases to lower the cost of the PF.

Factor in that this primaryly affects international buyers with additional shipping cost and custom fees. Nobody wants to pay additional $$ to buy it as a set when this could be made into one.
I don't get your argument. Put it in the same purchase and then you'll have a bigger box. Bigger box=greater cost to ship it (and depending on the box size, it could be substantially greater). You're still paying customs on the price regardless if it's $450 or $600. It's all relative.

I'm personally glad they are split as I wasn't really sold on wanting the hound. Now I'm not forced to pay for something I might not want.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #1134
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

That's not entirely true.
The difference in shipping cost for a single box is much more affordable (for international buyers) than the double box.
A bigger box could imply an increased shipping cost of around 10-20$ for something as small as the hound, while shipping two boxes is more expensive since int'l shipping has a minimum standard price that's around 30-40$ (as for Hot Toys, i.e.).

On the other hand, this is some math behind it to have it shipped, say, in Europe:

-Single bigger box: 450$ statue, 150$ hound, total 600$ + 60$ shipping (same as Conan Fury of the Beast) = 660$ shipped. Add 22% VAT and 12$ FedEx fee, that's 817$

-Two boxes: 450$ statue + 50$ shipping; 150$ hound + 30$ shipping (same as Hot Toys) = 500$ statue, 180$ hound. 22% VAT and FedEx fee on statue: 622 statue; 22% VAT and FedEx fee on dog: 231$; grand total: 853$

Of course, the numbers are very generic, but it's just to show the math behind it. The difference is not crazy, but it's still a good 35$ difference that Sideshow could prevent.
Also, with CAD and EUR losing value in comparison to USD, I could see retailers making harsh prices on these. I've seen smaller pieces like Dawg and Throg sold with a 1:1 Eur/USD ratio by retailers.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:26 PM   #1135
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
I'd say it's more akin to a 6 disc CD changer or extra navigation feature which you would in fact pay more for. Tires are essential to a car, the dog isn't comparable. It is an add on feature.

I don't get your argument. Put it in the same purchase and then you'll have a bigger box. Bigger box=greater cost to ship it (and depending on the box size, it could be substantially greater). You're still paying customs on the price regardless if it's $450 or $600. It's all relative.

I'm personally glad they are split as I wasn't really sold on wanting the hound. Now I'm not forced to pay for something I might not want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
That's not entirely true.
The difference in shipping cost for a single box is much more affordable (for international buyers) than the double box.
A bigger box could imply an increased shipping cost of around 10-20$ for something as small as the hound, while shipping two boxes is more expensive since int'l shipping has a minimum standard price that's around 30-40$ (as for Hot Toys, i.e.).

On the other hand, this is some math behind it to have it shipped, say, in Europe:

-Single bigger box: 450$ statue, 150$ hound, total 600$ + 60$ shipping (same as Conan Fury of the Beast) = 660$ shipped. Add 22% VAT and 12$ FedEx fee, that's 817$

-Two boxes: 450$ statue + 50$ shipping; 150$ hound + 30$ shipping (same as Hot Toys) = 500$ statue, 180$ hound. 22% VAT and FedEx fee on statue: 622 statue; 22% VAT and FedEx fee on dog: 231$; grand total: 853$

Of course, the numbers are very generic, but it's just to show the math behind it. The difference is not crazy, but it's still a good 35$ difference that Sideshow could prevent.
Also, with CAD and EUR losing value in comparison to USD, I could see retailers making harsh prices on these. I've seen smaller pieces like Dawg and Throg sold with a 1:1 Eur/USD ratio by retailers.
Exactly... Every dollar counts and could be saved. Additioanl expenses can add up very quickly.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:30 PM   #1136
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm an international collector as well and I pay a hell of a lot more in shipping than either of you two since Sideshow doesn't ship to my country.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #1137
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
I'm an international collector as well and I pay a hell of a lot more in shipping than either of you two since Sideshow doesn't ship to my country.
So you would want it as one package would you not?

Posted this on the other thread...

How can SSC say this was intended to be separate. Just look at the size of the dog minion. Seriously, how can this not fit into one package?? Look how small it is....Where does it say the dog is sold separately??? What a load of cr@p!!!!

VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:35 PM   #1138
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
How can SSC say this was intended to be separate. Just look at the size of the dog minion. Seriously, how can this not fit into one package?? Look how small it is....Where does it say the dog is sold separately??? What a load of cr@p!!!!
I feel your frustration. For its size, this minion looks like it could've been included. I can't imagine the product box needing THAT much more space for it. Especially after receiving those Batman and Superman boxes!

This feels like a business decision to me - and SS decided to make more money. Maybe Lobo's dog reaped more dollars that I thought. This doesn't look like it would cost more than $100. Lobo's dog was $135 with a base. Maybe this hound will get the same treatment.

As I type this, I guess the hound could be used for other CotD statues like the Queen. But I doubt that factored into the decision.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:41 PM   #1139
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I feel your frustration. For its size, this minion looks like it could've been included. I can't imagine the product box needing THAT much more space for it. Especially after receiving those Batman and Superman boxes!

This feels like a business decision to me - and SS decided to make more money. Maybe Lobo's dog reaped more dollars that I thought. This doesn't look like it would cost more than $100. Lobo's dog was $135 with a base. Maybe this hound will get the same treatment.

As I type this, I guess the hound could be used for other CotD statues like the Queen. But I doubt that factored into the decision.
It shows the base in the video. I think it's split along the already present crack. That's probably where half the cost went because it's close to the size of Oglavaeil's base.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:42 PM   #1140
marker2037

It's the base with the dog too and I don't think many of us want those Batman size boxes anymore.