Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 12-17-2018, 12:58 AM   #571
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
So it looks like another licensed 1/4 scale Barbarian is being done. This time by Kabuki Studios.

https://www.facebook.com/kabukistudi...type=3&theater

I don't get it. CS Moore is excellent, the ARH is awesome. No need for another one and I can't imagine it will sell gangbusters. Why not do Silver Warrior, or if that is too large even the Brain or any other iconic painting with just one or two characters that hasn't been done yet? Even a 1/4 scale Dark Kingdom would be cool.
I kind of desagree. Sure there would have been plenty of other fine paintings, which I'm desperately waiting to be transformed into statues. But I never was happy with ARH's sculpt. The girl doesn't look like anything Frazetta ever had painted and also the face of the barbarian looks kind of off, while Kabuki's version of the barbarian is awesome! Do I have the space ? no....would I've liked another painting ? yes....but that Kabuki version is way better than ARH (ok..ok...the girl also doesn't bear any resemblance with the painting) . But I'm willing to make room! (oh and yes, CS Moore's is flawless...but too small)

I found some time to do a collage of my Frazetta / fantasy related statues. These are various scales so I have them displayed in different rooms.

Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:55 PM   #572
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegsfuerst View Post
I kind of desagree. Sure there would have been plenty of other fine paintings, which I'm desperately waiting to be transformed into statues. But I never was happy with ARH's sculpt. The girl doesn't look like anything Frazetta ever had painted and also the face of the barbarian looks kind of off, while Kabuki's version of the barbarian is awesome! Do I have the space ? no....would I've liked another painting ? yes....but that Kabuki version is way better than ARH (ok..ok...the girl also doesn't bear any resemblance with the painting) . But I'm willing to make room! (oh and yes, CS Moore's is flawless...but too small)

I found some time to do a collage of my Frazetta / fantasy related statues. These are various scales so I have them displayed in different rooms.

Love your collection, we got the same taste...got most of your statues, kits and weapons in my collection, don’t have Ken Kellys Deaths end in my collection, the price Ken was asking was just insanely overpriced in my book, though it’s an awesome looking statue.

Gotta disagree with Kabuki’s version looking better than ARH’s version, Moore’s is the best IMO with ARH taking the #2 spot and Kabuki following a close 3rd. Like some things better on kabuki and some things better on ARH but overall I prefer the ARH version over the kabuki probably because it’s in hand for me, and I still wasn’t very happy with the prepaint on mines either.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #573
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegsfuerst View Post

What is the statue on the third row first one? That is amazing.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:13 AM   #574
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
What is the statue on the third row first one? That is amazing.
That looks like Diablo Overthrown, but with some adjustments??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3024959996680449619.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	119592  
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #575
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Love your collection, we got the same taste...got most of your statues, kits and weapons in my collection, don’t have Ken Kellys Deaths end in my collection, the price Ken was asking was just insanely overpriced in my book, though it’s an awesome looking statue.
I asked Ken Kelly about this once and he told me that he originally planned to sell Deaths End as a more conventional mass produced piece but when he went to produce them there was so much in his words "robbery and crookery that he was going to be taken to the cleaners" so instead he personally makes and paints each one himself as ordered. He said he promised those that paid this price that he would never mass produce it or sell it for less and make them look foolish for paying that much and that he considers this a very private thing between him and his fans. I love it but it is too much for me as well. I have never seen one in person and I don't know how many of them have been produced, I felt like I was already being nosey asking about why the price was so high.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:23 PM   #576
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Shedman got his Catgirl. Looks pretty good. Mine is supposed to be here New Years Eve.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fat cats 1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	119610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fat Cats 2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	119611  
Old 12-27-2018, 07:01 PM   #577
Marcel54
Hellboy

New Frazetta Statue....$629.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	black-heart-frank-frazetta-tribute-1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	119647  
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:35 PM   #578
goto
Mephisto

Looks good but have spend my money for Swordsman of Mars.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:47 PM   #579
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

My Catgirl came today and I couldn't be happier with her!

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=165
Old 12-29-2018, 08:25 PM   #580
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
My Catgirl came today and I couldn't be happier with her!

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=165
Looks awesome. Congrats!!
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote