Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-10-2018, 02:30 PM   #201
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Rim View Post
I am just a regular collector with barely any collectible industry knowledge, but it seems Star Wars is no longer the cool kid. It has been dethroned by Marvel thanks to its MCU and in the case of XM-Studios, it doesn´t help the fact they don´t have the worldwide license. So I foresee a really quiet release schedule for new XM-Studios Star Wars products at best.

Although my wallet clearly disagrees with me, I really miss the days when Star Wars was the bread and butter of companies like Sideshow or Gentle Giant. Prices were more affordable and there were so many great products and different lines to collect. Now things are a lot different for the worse.

Said that, I hope we get some news regarding new statues from XM-Studios soon and I can´t wait for my Darth Maul to arrive.
I agree with you buddy
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:54 PM   #202
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Was so awesome when Star Wars statues were hot. I use to collect GG maquettes for $50.00, GG 12 inch statues for $100.00. I haven't bought for 7 years when they made masterpices, Boba Han in Carb maquette, Boba with Han in Carb and Stormies diorama. SS dioramas that they gave up 7 years ago, SSC awesome PF Speeder Bike Pf. MR with their awesome props and model that I owned AT-AT, Falcon, Snowspeeder, Han Blaster, Stormie Blaster and so on. Now GG has not had anything I want and the maquette scale that use to cost $50.00 are now $170.00. Their 12 inch statues are in the $300.00s

Yes Iron Studios and XM are slow, and statues just keep going up and up. I would think when IS has a new regular size 1/4 it's going to be at least $700.00. If they make one

SSC PF were in mid $200.00s
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:06 AM   #203
Dred17
Frackin!

Cost is obviously the main reason for most people NOT buying future 1/4 scale pieces even if they are so called grail pieces. I wonder if statue companies have noticed this trend.
Dred17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:26 AM   #204
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Yes I got Darth Maul PF in 2007 for $210.00 shipped. Now new one was $550.00, that was 2 years ago
XM stated in Chat video shipping in Jan.

I do think XM is working on Star Wars statues, why else say they are working on them, just say no we gave up that license, or no plans as of now

When I started in 2005 is about when I think SW statues started to get popular, then by 2015 they started to get unpopular. GG statues were not as great, EFX makes little product, SSC started to make less and less pieces, some of SSC new pieces were not as great, canceled diorama line, canceled Mythos line, statues have gone up $200.00 from 2014, Disney crummy movies
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:32 AM   #205
Outer_Rim
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
XM stated in Chat video shipping in Jan.
Outer_Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #206
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Any info yet about dimensions or weight about statue and shipping box?
davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #207
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide87ita View Post
Any info yet about dimensions or weight about statue and shipping box?
Nothing official from XM as far as I know. That said you could YouTube the statue and I know the Radd Titan guys did measure it all the way around at one of the Cons when it was first revealed around a year ago.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:46 PM   #208
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

It would have been smart to have Maul with a more affordable option without the bike and a simple Naboo base. You could pick either or.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:33 AM   #209
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
It would have been smart to have Maul with a more affordable option without the bike and a simple Naboo base. You could pick either or.
Nah, the bike is what makes the piece so unique and really sells the dynamic pose. Wouldn’t be half as interesting without it and having a second/alternate base would only add to the already high cost.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:02 AM   #210
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

I think he meant, either naboo base or bike base.

To keep costs down for the naboo base. But yea, the bike is awesome no reason to not have it.

If you wanted a standard meuseum pose, that donkey’s been beaten half to death alrdy by sideshow.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote