Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-28-2021, 12:57 AM   #31
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Other than the excessive green smoke, the thing that bothers me about this piece is the vest. It's like a size too big or saggy, pirate vest that's missing a top button or 3. Cant justify spending a ton of money on a piece if not absolutely in love with it. Not if the companies are going to keep raising the prices with each piece.
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:14 AM   #32
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
Other than the excessive green smoke, the thing that bothers me about this piece is the vest. It's like a size too big or saggy, pirate vest that's missing a top button or 3. Cant justify spending a ton of money on a piece if not absolutely in love with it. Not if the companies are going to keep raising the prices with each piece.
Yep. I have become VERY picky these days.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:33 AM   #33
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I definitely want this, but can't go in blind with P1 on the shipping. Not sure if at that price custom fees are going to be a problem, either... Hopefully, Sideshow will put it up.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:37 AM   #34
dw316
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I definitely want this, but can't go in blind with P1 on the shipping. Not sure if at that price custom fees are going to be a problem, either... Hopefully, Sideshow will put it up.
I was told by others that the economy shipping includes the customs duties/fees, and since the current shipping costs are higher due to the pandemic, they allow a hold on the shipment until costs lower.
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:42 AM   #35
dw316
Justice League

Same, when you get to the point where space is becoming a huge concern and factor in collecting, you really have to be 95-100% sold to buy something as everyone has wisely suggested. I'm not sure how I feel about that green smoke being so prominent in the base and overall appearance of the statue, the only head sculpt that I really like is the Jim Lee Hush; I'm hoping the deluxe/bonus whatever it is called will still be available on release so that we may see more in-hand photos, standalone and with other 1/3 DC statues.
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:55 PM   #36
Walton.Chunky
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The cards and the gas looked better in Tweeterhead’s 1/6 statue. Prime 1 need’s to tone down the gas and make it using translucent resin. The playing cards need improvement, because they’re currently too thick and have qualities similar to play-doh.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:13 AM   #37
Shoo
Hercules

New footage at 36:09.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #38
ShadowGuardian
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I originally said no to this one when it was first announced, but it's really grown on me. What is the consensus for best 1/3 comic Joker?

2 of my favourite DC artists are Jim Lee and Jason Fabok so this is checking the boxes.... and its about as classic Joker as you can get. The Bermejo is a BEAUTIFUL piece but it's not classic enough for me. Not a fan of the Iron Studios, both the heads just don't wow me. The Batman vs Joker piece from P1 is also a contender in a way (I love the concept and the heads), but it's also significantly larger, more $$, and not as vibrant as this one.

I think the say cheese Joker would pair really nicely with the Batcave Hush Batman and the comic Harley. Any advice? Any others not on my radar?
ShadowGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 12:00 AM   #39
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGuardian View Post
I originally said no to this one when it was first announced, but it's really grown on me. What is the consensus for best 1/3 comic Joker?

2 of my favourite DC artists are Jim Lee and Jason Fabok so this is checking the boxes.... and its about as classic Joker as you can get. The Bermejo is a BEAUTIFUL piece but it's not classic enough for me. Not a fan of the Iron Studios, both the heads just don't wow me. The Batman vs Joker piece from P1 is also a contender in a way (I love the concept and the heads), but it's also significantly larger, more $$, and not as vibrant as this one.

I think the say cheese Joker would pair really nicely with the Batcave Hush Batman and the comic Harley. Any advice? Any others not on my radar?
well not your taste but I would say iron studios is best 1/3
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 02:24 PM   #40
ShadowGuardian
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Any Canadians here have any recommendations as to where I could order this one from?

Ordering from Prime 1 directly would be easiest but I am very afraid of the shipping costs.
ShadowGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote