Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-28-2021, 08:47 AM   #261
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Canale mentioned Richard Luong design as the basis form this Venom sculpt. Just saw the SS "Venom Vs Carnage" print by Luong, and if the Venom portrait details in the SS sculpt match the print design(?), we'll have a pretty wicked looking Venom.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:32 PM   #262
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Comiquette has yet to be topped!
Im with you, never needed an other version.

When i pick it up for dusting, i still get instant smile bcs how awesome it is
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:06 PM   #263
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Im with you, never needed an other version.

When i pick it up for dusting, i still get instant smile bcs how awesome it is
Well the proof is in the pudding don't you think. The fact a ton of venoms statues copied elements straight from that piece speaks volumes. Even Sideshow copies that same style over and over...and over. I do think the comiquette can be topped, but not like this. What about a Bagley, or a real Mcfarlane version. Heck, the Gentle Giant mini bust would have beat it if it wasn't just a bust. Im not hating though. The comiquette is outstanding and after all these years still remains top dog. Maybe one day.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:08 PM   #264
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
Well the proof is in the pudding don't you think. The fact a ton of venoms statues copied elements straight from that piece speaks volumes. Even Sideshow copies that same style over and over...and over. I do think the comiquette can be topped, but not like this. What about a Bagley, or a real Mcfarlane version. Heck, the Gentle Giant mini bust would have beat it if it wasn't just a bust. Im not hating though. The comiquette is outstanding and after all these years still remains top dog. Maybe one day.
I love the comiquette. Wish I got into collecting at the time it was released. I have the Prime 1 Venom & though it's a gorgeous piece-I still marvel at the Comi thru pictures.
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:04 PM   #265
SONICobra
Batman

comiq is still tops for me too, the sculpt is pretty much perfect - only thing that could have made it better was a mcfarlane head but i prefer the no seam line anyway. some dont like the pose, i love it, its very unique and makes for a visually interesting display with other pieces that are taller
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 07:37 PM   #266
gearhead
The Herculoids

I too still have and love the Comiquette. Haven't seen a 1/4 Venom I like better yet, including this new one. But I also have the XM Bust and love that one too. In fact I like it better, but unfortunately it's not a full statue, so I'm looking forward to seeing XM's new offering.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:15 AM   #267
Peedi
The Secret Six

I just want a classic Venom in a cool pose without being over designed or adding original, made up elements. I don’t know why that’s so hard. Really, just straight up copy the artwork. Bagley head, McFarlane head, sell a billion, call it a wrap and move on to Doc Oc and Hobgoblin.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:50 AM   #268
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I just want a classic Venom in a cool pose without being over designed or adding original, made up elements. I don’t know why that’s so hard. Really, just straight up copy the artwork. Bagley head, McFarlane head, sell a billion, call it a wrap and move on to Doc Oc and Hobgoblin.
That too. Make a perfect one and move on for longer periodes. Don't know why sideshow doesn't see win-win in that.

Waiting on the Crazy new Hobgoblin. I am pushing XM on facebook bcs already have Octo.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:02 PM   #269
pau123
Sailor Moon

Nah ss and other company prefer to make 1/4, 1/5, 1/3, 1/2 Venom before they make other characters hahaha
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:26 PM   #270
Walton.Chunky
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm pretty sure the statue companies never make the "perfect" one, because then the people who own that version wouldn't find it necessary to purchase the next one that comes out. They always leave a flaw so you feel inclined to purchase the next statue, especially because our community isn't that big to begin with.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote