Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-24-2021, 01:47 PM   #11
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Wait wait, we are confusing two separate things. Yes, they raised their prices. BUT did anyone's ALREADY PLACED order suddenly increase?
Just checked my orders and they are still at original pricing.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 01:49 PM   #12
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Wait wait, we are confusing two separate things. Yes, they raised their prices. BUT did anyone's ALREADY PLACED order suddenly increase?
If you placed the order before the increase, than your price should remain the same. I’m actually bother by existing preorders that went up. I wanted to see the ES before ordering and now they jacked up the price unannounced. That’s just not right.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 01:52 PM   #13
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
If you placed the order before the increase, than your price should remain the same. I’m actually bother by existing preorders that went up. I wanted to see the ES before ordering and now they jacked up the price unannounced. That’s just not right.
Yeah but you are confusing by saying "existing PO's" because that implies they are yours.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #14
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Just checked my orders and they are still at original pricing.
That's what I figured. I just didn't have any to check with.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #15
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I’m legit confused why this is considered shady? If you had something preordered/payment planned, did it increase?

Or are they just increasing it for purchases going forward?
The shady part was they did not announce a price hike from the start and this isn’t even for preorders. They did it for stocked items and WL/ Sold Out items also.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #16
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I understand your view and I’m not asking you to change it. For me, I think this is totally fair and within their rights as a business. Manufacturer costs and supply costs have probably jumped up for them and they need to compensate.

Is it built in to where it could have come from their profit, yes. Should it… naw. Haha. We have seen this before on something like the original Superman PF where later runs were $30 or more dollars more. Or the Child Lifesize figure that jumped up $50. I think a lower universal increase to all items is more fair than increasing the cost of items with that material or that are coming from 1 factory with increased prices, etc.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 01:55 PM   #17
VS1976

Quote:
Yeah but you are confusing by saying "existing PO's" because that implies they are yours.
Well I didn’t say “My” existing po’s now. I meant to say their existing preorder items if you wanted to get technical lol.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:56 PM   #18
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Existing orders were Not changed. I have several payment plans going & nothing changed...

Just inflation, thank Bad gov/economic policies!
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 01:58 PM   #19
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I understand your view and I’m not asking you to change it. For me, I think this is totally fair and within their rights as a business. Manufacturer costs and supply costs have probably jumped up for them and they need to compensate.

Is it built in to where it could have come from their profit, yes. Should it… naw. Haha. We have seen this before on something like the original Superman PF where later runs were $30 or more dollars more. Or the Child Lifesize figure that jumped up $50. I think a lower universal increase to all items is more fair than increasing the cost of items with that material or that are coming from 1 factory with increased prices, etc.
The biggest difference with the Child statue was they announced the price increase from the start after it was released.

All sideshow had to do was announce to the collectors who have an account with them that they are increasing the price on selected items. They didn’t do that. That’s my problem with them. A little transparency goes a long ways. JMHO.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:59 PM   #20
SDguy

Quote:
Well I didn’t say “My” existing po’s now. I meant to say their existing preorder items if you wanted to get technical lol.
Yeah I get it. Not sure I'd call it shady, since it doesn't come off as deceitful... but, if they are raking in money hand over fist as some suggest, why not just apply it to all future offerings? I suspect the terrible situation that is the supply chain of raw materials, shipping etc is bad enough to require this hike even on already offered items.