Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Arrow Man beheaded in broad daylight in London.

Crazy stuff. These ----ers are pure animals.

http://m.eircom.net/news/article/?ty...oryid=21168409
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Shocking. Unconfirmed reports are that he was a serving soldier, in a Help for Heroes T shirt, attacked by people of "Muslim appearance".

Ive never heard of a Buddhist Terrorist. Ive never heard of a Greek Orthodox terrorist. People in the Arab world may think the UK and US being in Iraq or Afghanistan is a kind of terrorism, or what the Israelis do is terrorism, we can debate that perhaps. But when are we going to stop being so liberal, PC and hands off in approach, and admit there is a real problem with Islam?

Its time to set up internment camps and round up all Muslims. Maybe thats a thread killing comment right there, and it is a bit over the top I admit, but this is a shocking story. Its one thing to be blown up by an IED in a country you are occupying, quite another to be hacked to death on the streets of London while collecting for charity.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
adee
Green Arrow

What a horrible story. It doesn't even sound like there is a clear motive behind this madness. Very scary stuff and my heart goes out to the victims and their families.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
Its time to set up internment camps and round up all Muslims. Maybe thats a thread killing comment right there, and it is a bit over the top I admit, but this is a shocking story. Its one thing to be blown up by an IED in a country you are occupying, quite another to be hacked to death on the streets of London while collecting for charity.
This is a sickening story, but maybe we should wait and get the actual facts before rounding anyone up. No?
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
JM28Cardiff

Of course, the details havent come out in full. But David Cameron has called an emergency meeting of the COBRA committee, which coordinate the actions of bodies within the government of the UK in response to instances of national or regional crisis, or during events abroad with major implications for the UK. They dont do that just for street violence, however gruesome.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
JM28Cardiff

Just showed footage of one of the killers on the news, taken on a camera phone, talking about what had happened. Had knives in his hand, and his hands were covered in blood. He apologised that women had to witness what happened, but said women "in our lands" witness this every day.

This was right outside Woolwich barracks, and Downing Street are saying it was a jihadist attack.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
MrYac
Hercules

pretty terrible stuff, and I do hate to always be "that guy" but if this was a Muslim man attacked and mutilated by 2 white guys you bet your ass it would be front page of every news outlet in the world screaming about how evil and bigoted white men are and screaming for their heads to roll on hate crime charges
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
Shocking. Unconfirmed reports are that he was a serving soldier, in a Help for Heroes T shirt, attacked by people of "Muslim appearance".

Ive never heard of a Buddhist Terrorist. Ive never heard of a Greek Orthodox terrorist. People in the Arab world may think the UK and US being in Iraq or Afghanistan is a kind of terrorism, or what the Israelis do is terrorism, we can debate that perhaps. But when are we going to stop being so liberal, PC and hands off in approach, and admit there is a real problem with Islam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
pretty terrible stuff, and I do hate to always be "that guy" but if this was a Muslim man attacked and mutilated by 2 white guys you bet your ass it would be front page of every news outlet in the world screaming about how evil and bigoted white men are and screaming for their heads to roll on hate crime charges
These are acts of bullies hijacking religion to commit atrocities...

Remember that ANY religion can be manipulated towards ANY end(Jim Jones Guyana tragedy, 13th century christian crusades, radical jihadism - all the same thing); perhaps some more than others, but let's keep the focus here on the evil men that committed this horrible crime...

And I'm not Muslim, by the way...
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This is what happens when you let Muslims into your country!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
MrYac
Hercules

no i'm fully aware of that, and i'm by no means in the "muslim internment camp" camp, but we do need to stop tip toeing around this issue too, like I said had this been a crime in reverse it would be EVERYWHERE you'd be unable to go to AOL or Yahoo or whatever without it being plastered as the top headline, as it stands now it is nowhere I've seen and we'll still be getting dancing with the stars updates all day long before anybody in the media gives it any real attention just because they are afraid they'll be branded racists for pointing out that there are some nutty muslims out there.

also can we stop referencing the friggin crusades as being relevant to modern day people beheading others in the name of religion, there's almost a millennium in between so it's hardly a good comparison
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote