Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 08-25-2005, 12:49 PM   #11
bat_collector
Galactus

Man, if I go, I ain't helping you and toxie fight off the hoards of haters. I think both of you can handle that without me.

But I wouldn't mind hanging up there. Man, I wish I could be there.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:38 PM   #12
twisterred
Luke Cage

gotta say great reviews. my only regret is that you didn't hit on the latest issue of the FF. In my humble opinion, the best pound for pound story of the week.
twisterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:04 PM   #13
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterred
gotta say great reviews. my only regret is that you didn't hit on the latest issue of the FF. In my humble opinion, the best pound for pound story of the week.

ugh bro, I dropped it. JMS wasn't doing me any favors with that book. Are you telling me I picked the wrong month to drop it? UGh, and I just went back to the lcs to pick up my forgotten issue of Titans...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #14
twisterred
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
ugh bro, I dropped it. JMS wasn't doing me any favors with that book. Are you telling me I picked the wrong month to drop it? UGh, and I just went back to the lcs to pick up my forgotten issue of Titans...
McKrones art alone is reason enough to p/u this baby. Finally, we get an explanation of how the cosmic rays empowered them instead of nuking them from inside. Give it a look see.

Titans??? The Liefeld drawn one?? Gotta say I did the reverse of you and dropped the Titans. I'll wait until the Brother Blood story line to p/u.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #15
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
McKrones art alone is reason enough to p/u this baby. Finally, we get an explanation of how the cosmic rays empowered them instead of nuking them from inside. Give it a look see.

Titans??? The Liefeld drawn one?? Gotta say I did the reverse of you and dropped the Titans. I'll wait until the Brother Blood story line to p/u.
I'm mentally blocking out douche bags art and just focusing on Gail Simone's story...
Old 08-25-2005, 03:59 PM   #16
twisterred
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
I'm mentally blocking out douche bags art and just focusing on Gail Simone's story...
my powers of concentration are no where near stong enough to achieve that feat. I tip my hat to you.

now run along and p/u the FF. Not since Alan Davis's run has the art been this strong and the story line as fresh.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #17
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
my powers of concentration are no where near stong enough to achieve that feat. I tip my hat to you.

now run along and p/u the FF. Not since Alan Davis's run has the art been this strong and the story line as fresh.
dammit. Yeah, I'll give it another shot. Freakin' cheesehead loyalty is a bi tch.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:39 PM   #18
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Why is this even necessary 40 years later?

Doesn't sound like a good enough reason to pick this book up at all to me.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:12 PM   #19
twisterred
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Why is this even necessary 40 years later?

Doesn't sound like a good enough reason to pick this book up at all to me.
JMS has added a new twist to the old story like he has to Spidey. Is it the stuff that will be thought of along side Lee and Kirby...don't know but out of all the crap that is put out on a monthly basis and I am an expert on this cause I buy most of it, this is good stuff. If you haven't been reading it give it a shot. I'm not going to reimburse you for it but I will stand but my statment and reinterate, it's good.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:22 PM   #20
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
JMS has added a new twist to the old story like he has to Spidey. Is it the stuff that will be thought of along side Lee and Kirby...don't know but out of all the crap that is put out on a monthly basis and I am an expert on this cause I buy most of it, this is good stuff. If you haven't been reading it give it a shoot. I'm not going to reimburse you for it but I will stand but my statment and reinterate, it's good.
Didn't JMS ruin Gwen Stacy?

I'll still pass.