Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 09-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #11
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

wktf, I have spotted JRJr more and more in Garney's work recently. I've always liked him, and he keeps getting better. Reviews were a real team effort this week, huh?
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:20 AM   #12
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I'm really behind due to my holiday, I haven't been to the LCS for over four weeks!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:01 PM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief View Post
wktf, I have spotted JRJr more and more in Garney's work recently. I've always liked him, and he keeps getting better. Reviews were a real team effort this week, huh?
That they were, jdh! A big week like this week deserves a big team. The more the merrier!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:33 PM   #14
workingdog
Hellboy

wk, I really enjoyed Cap #22 and glad to see you did as well. I particularly like how Brubaker's been bringing attention to some of the "lesser knowns" if you will from Cap's rogues gallery. The Sleeper from last issue and the villain revealed at the end of this issue.

One question I have and maybe you might know this? The aforementioned villain had me wondering whatever became of Peggy Carter, Sharon's older sister? Do you know if she's still around? Last I remember she had some kind of support role at Avengers Mansion.
workingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 PM   #15
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
But, there’s one more issue before Millar and Hitch’s series comes to an end.
You sure about that?? According to the Marvel Website:

Quote:
ULTIMATES 2 #12
The Story: GRAND THEFT AMERICA
This is it! The double-sized finale! America strikes back against the Liberators, as ace artist Bryan Hitch draws every single super hero in the Ultimate Universe in combat to free the United States! Plus: the true fate of Thor, the return of the Defenders, and every major plotline from the Ultimates (since its inception) comes together at last. If ever there was a big one you should not miss...Ultimates 2 #12 is it! If you do but one thing with your life: read this comic! And don’t forget —this cataclysmic story leads straight into Ultimates 3 #1, coming soon! Part 6 (of 6).
I haven't read it yet, but I think anything that was left unresolved will probably be tied up in Ultimates 3.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingdog View Post
wk, I really enjoyed Cap #22 and glad to see you did as well. I particularly like how Brubaker's been bringing attention to some of the "lesser knowns" if you will from Cap's rogues gallery. The Sleeper from last issue and the villain revealed at the end of this issue.

One question I have and maybe you might know this? The aforementioned villain had me wondering whatever became of Peggy Carter, Sharon's older sister? Do you know if she's still around? Last I remember she had some kind of support role at Avengers Mansion.
WD, during Mark Gruenwald's run it was established that Peggy was both an agent of SHIELD and also a member of the prior version of the Avengers' staff. Now that that Avengers no longer is in existence, I'm actually not sure the answer to your question.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #17
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco View Post
You sure about that?? According to the Marvel Website:

I haven't read it yet, but I think anything that was left unresolved will probably be tied up in Ultimates 3.
Yes, I am sure about that.

It was recently announced that Ultimates #12 actually would be split into 2 issues and that Millar and Hitch's run would end with Ultimates 2 #13. Plus, this issue ends with a major to-be continued cliffhanger that will be resolved in the Millar/Hitch issue #13.

In fact, here you go, from Marvel.com, and note that this is Part 7 (of 6) !!:

ULTIMATES 2 #13

COVER BY: BRYAN HITCH
WRITER: MARK MILLAR
PENCILS: BRYAN HITCH
INKS: PAUL NEARY
COLORED BY: LAURA MARTIN
LETTERED BY: CHRIS ELIOPOULOS

THE STORY:
ULTIMATES 2 #13
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Wraparound Cover by BRYAN HITCH
“GRAND THEFT AMERICA”
The concluding chapter of the much-heralded Millar/Hitch tenure on Ultimates has finally arrived! All the running plot lines come to their cataclysmic end in these pages as the Team Supreme puts everything they’ve got into a grand finale that will take its place alongside the finest comics of the past decade. Alliances are made and relationships are severed in a tale you simply cannot miss. You have been warned! Part 7 (of 6)
48 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99
Old 09-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #18
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Man I can't wait until volume 2 is collected into an oversized HC
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:01 PM   #19
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
I'm really behind due to my holiday, I haven't been to the LCS for over four weeks!
You will have much to read my friend!... Comics seem to have some of that old time magic back lately I think. From both companies....
Old 09-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #20
SirConor
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Couldn't agree more about Eternals, KD. I rather liked that this was a slow issue... Gaiman really knows how to tell a story. Everything's falling into place and I can't wait to see how this ends up.

Totally with you about wanting to read them all straight through, I think reading these peicemeal doesn't do the story justice. I also agree that this fantastic mini is getting overshadowed unjustly by Civil War.

The thing I wonder though, is if I genuinely like these characters or if it's just Neil Gaiman's writing that I like so much. Anyone else get this feeling? I've read allllll of Gaiman's books and comics, and I've never encountered the Eternals before this miniseries. I'd like to see Marvel continue this after the sixth issue, perhaps with a different writer, to see if I like it half as much.
SirConor is offline   Reply With Quote