Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 06-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #21
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I nominate Hank Pym's last comment to Reed Richards in the latest Mighty Avengers comics as the quote of the decade.

And I agree with KDawg: Amazing Spider-Man is and has been a great read and is getting even better. Did anyone see this ad for Amazing Spider-Man 600 in the latest Mightiest Avengers?

I'm sure this ad will inspire many people who rant about things they haven't read to rant some more. I'm looking forward to seeing where the latest story arc goes.
OMG.. Are they Retconning Brand new Day??? I will b bk on spidey if they do.. otherwise.. m only picking one-shots n non regular issues.
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #22
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Jesse would of loved Batman and Robin #1 if the LEGION had shown up for 1 panel and left, lol
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #23
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco View Post
Jesse would of loved Batman and Robin #1 if the LEGION had shown up for 1 panel and left, lol
Not even the Legion or Huntress could have saved that book!
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #24
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Sam Wilson’s Reviews

Batman and Robin #1
DC Comics
Written by: Grant Morrison
Drawn by: Frank Quitely

Speaking on behalf of the Mighty Reviewers, none of us bought “Batman and Robin”. For several reasons, first, none of us believe Bruce Wayne is dead. He will be back and all this other bullsh** is just hype. Second, Grant Morrison made the X-men retarded, he’s made Batman retarded, and well, we won’t pay $4 for retarded. Also, Damien. I guess he’s the new Robin. Possibly the single most retarded character to ever come to comics in the last 10 years. Damien, yeah, that name sucks, he’s a little bi**, and no one cares. It’s bad enough Jason Todd came back, but Damien had to come into play. Really. Damien. No one cares. What could have been the awesomeness of Dick Grayson being Batman has now become the retarded with the addition of Damien and Grant Morrison. Anyway, we aren’t buying this book, and we don’t really care if anyone else does, if you choose to that is your right and we aren’t going to stop you. We just wanted to say, as your reviewers, that in no way to we give a flying rat crap about that retarded sh**. Thank you.
I think it's quite immature of you to judge a book like that. Sure, Morrison can be a hit and miss writer. He tends to do his best stuff over at vertigo: seaguy, we3, Vimanarama kill your boyfriend etc, and Quitely is a marmite type of artist. But at least give the book a chance. If you don't like it, fine, but that's no excuse for a rant against morrison
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #25
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman View Post
OMG.. Are they Retconning Brand new Day??? I will b bk on spidey if they do.. otherwise.. m only picking one-shots n non regular issues.
Even if they re-establish reality as Peter being married to Mary Jane, I'm not sure it would constitute a retcon. There have be subtle hints and such ever since Brand New Day began that raise many questions about what Mary Jane knows, what Peter knows and what they may or may not know about each other. And from the beginning, I've said Mary Jane whispering to Mephisto was no accident. Of course, this No. 600 cover may be a red herring of some sort but I think SOMETHING very interesting is about to happen.

I've believed all along that no Spider-Man history has been erased; only the current reality has been altered. Brand New Day is only the latest chapter in Spider-Man's history, and I'm glad I've been staying up-to-date through it all.

The book is rockin'!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #26
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Of course, this No. 600 cover may be a red herring of some sort but I think SOMETHING very interesting is about to happen.
Red herring indeed Ril... NOtice you can see the "son" at the end of one name and the "Parker" of the other name...

well May Parker and J. JOnah JameSON are engaged you know?... I expect fully well that this will be the attempted wedding and this tease is to get a rise out of us hopefuls
Old 06-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #27
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
Red herring indeed Ril... NOtice you can see the "son" at the end of one name and the "Parker" of the other name...

well May Parker and J. JOnah JameSON are engaged you know?... I expect fully well that this will be the attempted wedding and this tease is to get a rise out of us hopefuls
That's what I think too buddy, but who knows...maybe Joe Q, has listened to the backlash.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #28
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Yeah, I think Keith is on the money with that one. I'm not even reading ASM, and I thought that. A surprise would be nice though!

Anyone else notice how much metal is on show on the heroes storming Magneto in Ultimatum 4? Iron-Man, Valkyrie, Cap with his shield, Wolverine... Cap's supposed to be a strategist!

Last edited by JDH; 06-05-2009 at 08:39 AM.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #29
RichBamf

I found War of Kings still the fantastic read it's been for the last 3 issues, but I agree Joe, this issue did slow things down...BUT I think we're judging it in comparison to the first 3 iisues.

In love the Havok led Starjammers, pleasantly surprised...plus it's nice to see Gladiator get the props he deserves for a change.

I have to say, every recent memory mini the Inhumans have been involved in - Jenkin's Inhumans, Son of M, Silent War, Secret Invasion Inhumans, and now this, have been amazing...WHY have they not got their own title?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #30
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
Yeah, I think Keith is on the money with that one. I'm not even reading ASM, and I thought that. A surprise would be nice though!

Anyone else notice how much metal is on show in the heroes storming Magneto in Ultimatum 4? Iron-Man, Valkyrie, Cap with his shield, Wolverine... Cap's supposed to be a strategist!
Reminds me of the Issue of Ultimate X-men where the government send metal Sentinels to destroy Genosha...and Mags, just stops them and reprograms them to attack humans...Marvel humans deserve to get wiped out, Darwinism doesn't support absolute stupidity...