Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-23-2023, 11:25 PM   #371
K1NG J0RDAN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The QC on this piece is atrocious. I was able to get a replacement and then that one ended up worse. Not only with the lekku having paint mistakes but the stitching on the outfit has an issue too. The retailer said that Sideshow didn't see anything wrong, when it is so obvious and I even circled the issues. They are as blind as the painters!

And to make matters worse, I've now been waiting two weeks to hear back from the retailer. I just want to return it for a refund.
K1NG J0RDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 02:30 AM   #372
DevGuy
The Spirit

My Ahsoka is painted nearly perfectly, though there is some minor bleed if you look closely. I also don't have that huge white gap posted above, however there is a small gap (only visible at a specific angle because the gap is narrow). Guess I lucked out.

As for PopCultcha; I had a 1/6 statue with a 1.5cm horizontal scratch across the front of a vertical structure, smack in the middle of the statue. They said I had to pay return postage if I wanted a refund. I argued that it was faulty, and they said something along the lines of "looking at your order history you've had a lot of these sort of problems". A veiled way of saying that I am a difficult customer perhaps. Actually, I'm not, I accept minor problems even though they annoy me, because I realise that nothing is perfect.

How nasty and ill-mannered of them. I pointed out that I have spent tens of thousands with them in the past year alone, that the returns I made were generally major (I cited every single return and reason for return), and that if you have a large number of orders you would expect more returns vs customers with few orders. Also, a single order of mine, for example, had 10+ statues, so if I returned 1 of 10 due to damage then that's still "one order one return" in that CSR's world.

They didn't even acknowledge my detailed email justifying every prior return (with photos). I had the receipts and they chose to ignore it when they ought to have apologised or at least redacted their accusation.

I still buy from them. They more or less have the market cornered here in AU.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:00 AM   #373
dao2
Cyclops

If a lot (or all of them) have the issue no matter how bad it is sideshow won't do ---- until literally everyone complains (like their god awful rogue PF from years ago). And even then they will only do it if it's something they can fix relatively easily (like a head not the whole thing). Their predator 2 maquette heads had massive gaps in them, their masked predator LSB had absolutely god awful painting. The pock mark in the center of the mask on the production was a circle with some squiggly lines come out of it, it was a joke. And SS did not want to take mine back without making me pay for return shipping either.

And that's when I stopped purchasing stuff from SS. There's no point anyways nowadays you can get everything they make cheaper down the line. The last thing of theirs I actually wanted was the Vader Mythos and I picked it up for $525 shipped which is over $100 less before even adding in shipping.

Predator LSB proto vs production a joke, and they bring out the "they're hand painted and all look different" though all the productions looked like the same ----, and it doesn't matter one looks like ass one looks good and that's the prototype.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:35 AM   #374
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

After seeing the same issues on the Lekku’s I think on Nearmint/Secret Sactuary/Jeff’s YouTube video; and seeing a few others post here the same things, I prepared myself for it. And honestly as much as I hate myself a bit, I’ve come to accept it as the sculpt work on this movie piece, is otherwise top notch.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 04:31 AM   #375
dao2
Cyclops

It does look pretty ok imo, nowhere near as atrocious as their predator ----. Not like what they are asking ok but it's a good statue still.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote