Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #51
DSET
The Secret Six

when can we see concept for jim lee and frank miller?
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:33 PM   #52
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET;5198543[U
]when can we see concept for jim lee....?[/U]

I am dying for that
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:08 AM   #53
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

The amount of DC merchandise this company is doing is absolutely ridiculous.

You have DC nendoroids, DC action figures, DC Sideshow Collectibles, DC Kotobukiya, DC XM Studios, DC Hot Toys, DC Tweeterhead, DC Prime 1, DC DC. You cannot tell me that this market is not over-saturated with this stuff. There's way too many of these products on the market and it won't stop. As shown by this company, when they have the license it's just an endless stream of the same characters.

You already have four different Batmans done and you have two more on the way. Now you have DC 1/4 scales being sculpted while licenses announced prior to it haven't even been shown yet.

Seriously, where do I even fit in on this collecting scene. I can't even say "I can't believe this is happening", because DC is such a big cash cow. However, for cosmos sake, do remember that you have other licenses with potential customers.

Yeah, I'm probably complaining, but I am really annoyed at this point.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #54
Vatos Locos
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

The market can´t be that over-saturated, otherwise the interest wouldn´t be as high as it is.

For a long time, you only had one choice to collect bigger Batman statues and that was Sideshow. I used to have three BM PF´s and wasn´t satisfied with a single one of them. I´m still waiting for a decent looking Burton Batman statue.. Also, it´s nice to see that some villains are getting produced by P1.

At the same time, I can understand you at this point, because I felt the same way about HT and their special focus on Iron-Man.
Vatos Locos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #55
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatos Locos View Post
The market can´t be that over-saturated, otherwise the interest wouldn´t be as high as it is.

For a long time, you only had one choice to collect bigger Batman statues and that was Sideshow. I used to have three BM PF´s and wasn´t satisfied with a single one of them. I´m still waiting for a decent looking Burton Batman statue.. Also, it´s nice to see that some villains are getting produced by P1.

At the same time, I can understand you at this point, because I felt the same way about HT and their special focus on Iron-Man.
Thank you for understanding.

I also understand what you mean by your words. My current dilemma is that I feel like DC & Marvel will just overshadow all of the other licenses by Prime 1 Studio. If it ever came to that, I truly wouldn't know where I fit in.

1. If you don't like superheroes, Marvel or DC then you're left out.

Marvel is no better either, as I feel the same way about the over-abundance of Marvel products.

When I say it's over-saturated, I mean that there is a massive supply of it. As a fellow poster recently stated, you have things DC and Marvel that are releasing monthly. There are characters being repeated for those two licenses when other licenses don't have a single character yet.

It really baffles me when a company can say X license is not ready yet, but they turn around and do Y license not even a month after announcing it.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:40 AM   #56
stevebed
A day without sunshine is like... night.

marvel and DC sell ...
stevebed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:50 AM   #57
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebed View Post
marvel and DC sell ...
All other licenses do too.

Even though Marvel & DC both sell, that doesn't mean that you should alienate your other potential customers by disregarding the other licenses.

If you're not going to do a license, you really shouldn't have acquired it to begin with. You don't need to do all DC (or even Marvel) at one time, you can actually split it among the licenses you have.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:59 AM   #58
stevebed

i understand what your saying guilty but some of the licenses they required are more a niche market .. MTG, Bloodborne etc will not sell the same # of pieces as DC/Marvel/ Transformers etc .. they will get round to doing those lines eventually
stevebed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:47 AM   #59
Falkor

Was it confirmed that P1 will be making God of War statues? I hope so because with output the Arkham line is getting, I can't even imagine getting all the Greek Gods in 1/3! That would be amazing!!!
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:03 AM   #60
Bornthugs
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

cant wait for marvel..

Last edited by Bornthugs; 02-13-2016 at 02:04 AM. Reason: wrong
Bornthugs is offline   Reply With Quote