Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-18-2021, 09:15 PM   #121
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Oooh, nice!

As impressive as throne Joker is, these are the Tweeterhead pieces I really love to see - minimal base, defined sculpt and powerful pose that really highlights the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanJG1 View Post
John looks great.

I wonder how well he will pair with Tweeterhead’s Hal.
I reckon they’ll complement each other nicely. Good bit of contrast between the suits (with Stewart looking a tad more modern) but without a stark jump in detail or texturing (unlike the difference between the SP and 2.0 Superman).
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:39 AM   #122
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanJG1 View Post
John looks great.

I wonder how well he will pair with Tweeterhead’s Hal.
I wish they weren’t in the exact same pose
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:02 AM   #123
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I wish they weren’t in the exact same pose
I can't disagree there. Hoping whatever they give him for possible switch outs helps differentiate the poses more.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:43 AM   #124
George Clark
Justice League

Really fantastic piece - well done. Love the minimal base as well. Every TH 2.0 piece is a homerun IMO.
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #125
grphyx1
Kingpin

This John Stewart is so amazing. 10s 10s 10s across the board.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:46 AM   #126
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
Looks great. I'd been hoping for this one.

Sadly, I can't add him to my collection. In this modern look, he wouldn't go with all the classic Super Power versions already released. Maybe they'll revisit.
You may change your mind. Or be swayed. Give it some time to grow on you.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:01 AM   #127
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Even though the statue is a little bit more of Jon Stewart‘s modern look I think his modern look is simple enough that it would go with the existing super powers statues. It wasn’t really until green lantern number 201 where the lanterns altered their costumes to a significant degree and there are similarities between this costume and what John Stewart did back then so it really isn’t too much of a stretch from that costume to this costume. Now he doesn’t have a white gloves nor does he have the green trunks or green portion of the costume on his torso but I think that this one would work well

Also this is just one shot of the statue. I am very anxious to see other pictures and especially with the switch outs will be. As I said before I think it’s just a nice simple little actioney museum piece. A lot of times you don’t need all the bells and whistle‘s on a statue to get a great representation of a character
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:33 AM   #128
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Even though the statue is a little bit more of Jon Stewart‘s modern look I think his modern look is simple enough that it would go with the existing super powers statues. It wasn’t really until green lantern number 201 where the lanterns altered their costumes to a significant degree and there are similarities between this costume and what John Stewart did back then so it really isn’t too much of a stretch from that costume to this costume. Now he doesn’t have a white gloves nor does he have the green trunks or green portion of the costume on his torso but I think that this one would work well

Also this is just one shot of the statue. I am very anxious to see other pictures and especially with the switch outs will be. As I said before I think it’s just a nice simple little actioney museum piece. A lot of times you don’t need all the bells and whistle‘s on a statue to get a great representation of a character
Exactly. For me, I prefer the character to be done well as it is the point of the statue and should be the focus.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:45 PM   #129
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Absolutely incredible! I love the simplicity of it all, and I can see it being paired well with Hal Jordan. They really captured John Stewart in this statue.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 04:28 AM   #130
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Wow! Just Wow!

Bravo!!!!!

Really well done.
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote