Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #27661
GiggaChad
Frackin!

Leprechaun. 6.5/10
I watched this movie when it came out, I was just graduating from high school and I didn't like it at all.
Watched it last night and thought it was a fun film for being what it is. Kind of refreshing to watch this again since Hollywood is not in the film making business any longer.
GiggaChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 06:19 PM   #27662
MrYac
Hercules

the movies aren't great, but Warwick is amazing as the Lep.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:15 AM   #27663
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Tenet (2020) - Armed with only one word, Tenet, and fighting for the survival of the entire world, a Protagonist journeys through a twilight world of international espionage on a mission that will unfold in something beyond real time.

I watched with subtitles because I felt if I missed even one word of dialogue, I'd be lost. And even doing so I probably understood only 80% of the movie. The parts I did get were great, but I'll have to watch this again for the convoluted plot to make complete sense. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:24 AM   #27664
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
A Black Cat sighting, haven't seen you around in forever thought you must have gone to jail or something?
lmao, I've been lurking for awhile just not really talking. How have you been T?
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:41 PM   #27665
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Army of the Dead 7/10 ZS has got to one of the most overrated directors out there.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 04:03 PM   #27666
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
lmao, I've been lurking for awhile just not really talking. How have you been T?
I've been good thanks.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 05:42 PM   #27667
ParisDean

Tombstone (1993) - A successful lawman's plans to retire anonymously in Tombstone, Arizona are disrupted by the kind of outlaws he was famous for eliminating.

I hadn't seen this in several years and forgot how many big names were in it. 7/10
Old 05-25-2021, 05:45 PM   #27668
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I watched with subtitles because I felt if I missed even one word of dialogue, I'd be lost. And even doing so I probably understood only 80% of the movie. The parts I did get were great, but I'll have to watch this again for the convoluted plot to make complete sense. 8/10
would you say watching a spoiler review where the movie is explained give you a more enjoyable watching experience or less? (first time viewing)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:03 PM   #27669
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
would you say watching a spoiler review where the movie is explained give you a more enjoyable watching experience or less? (first time viewing)
I think knowing the basic premise before viewing definitely helps instead of going into the movie blind. But if I had read a review explaining the entire plot in detail beforehand, I would have regretted it because there were some scenes in the second half that although I predicted, it was still great not knowing 100% if it would happen.

What works best for me is to watch it spoiler-free once, then read an explanation of the movie, then watch it again. The action and effects are good enough to keep me engaged during a second viewing.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:49 AM   #27670
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Tenet

Watching with subtitles is probably a good idea. I watched this the other night also, I understood the basic idea of what was happening, but it was still difficult to fully follow. This isn't helped by the fact that the sound editing is atrocious! I had the volume right up and could barely hear what was being said at times, either due to the muffled voices or the music playing above them. I thought I'd had a bad stream, but I looked it up after and it seems it's just how they made it, weird.

I have no idea how to rate the movie either, I didn't love it, but didn't dislike it either. I'll give it a 7/10 I think, at least it's different from the norm. And different a good way, not the Last Jedi kind of way. Robert Pattison was the standout performance in this one.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote