Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-23-2022, 10:37 AM   #441
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Queen Studios announced last week or so that they are doing a 1/2 scale Wonder Woman.

They also announced a couple years ago a 1/2 Wonder Woman (84) in the gold armor that never happened, so who actually knows.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 10:47 AM   #442
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Queen Studios announced last week or so that they are doing a 1/2 scale Wonder Woman.

They also announced a couple years ago a 1/2 Wonder Woman (84) in the gold armor that never happened, so who actually knows.
My thoughts exactly.

So far, the ONLY company that has delivered what they have advertised, is JND.

Queen, Prime1, Infinity - they've all been guilty of over promising, & cancellations......to point where, I'll believe those guys once a piece starts shipping.

Until then, it's vapour-ware.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 04:12 PM   #443
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
My thoughts exactly.

So far, the ONLY company that has delivered what they have advertised, is JND.

Queen, Prime1, Infinity - they've all been guilty of over promising, & cancellations......to point where, I'll believe those guys once a piece starts shipping.

Until then, it's vapour-ware.
Considering JND have only shipped like 5 pieces so far that isn't really a fair comparison.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 01:12 PM   #444
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Probably the result of announcing too much at once. And I feel like it's a conscious strategy: throw things at the wall and see what sticks. I hope JND keeps there one-at-a-time announcement strategy, but I guess you can only do this with the popular characters that are 0 risk of not selling out.

With the WW84 statues it's probably cause at the time they announced it we didn't know the quality of the movie yet.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 01:14 PM   #445
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Considering JND have only shipped like 5 pieces so far that isn't really a fair comparison.
Something to note. JND pieces state that they are made in Korea
I am not 100% sure if this literally means that the statue is made in Korea or designed in Korea and made in China?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 07:53 PM   #446
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I am not 100% sure if this literally means that the statue is made in Korea or designed in Korea and made in China?
Should mean actually made in Korea. Might be why they are so limited on what they can do if everything is in house. Same thing Infinity tried and they almost went out of business.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 11:38 PM   #447
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Yeah....but......that's a sticker they put on the box. If you peel that sticker, underneath it says "Made in China"

If these statues were 100% made in Korea, why would the "Made in China" stickers be there at all?

I think they make certain aspects (probably 80% - 90%) in China, and do some finishing (e.g rooted hair) in Korea.
Old 10-26-2022, 12:49 AM   #448
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
The complete headsculpts and body's (silicone molding, eyes, hair, painting, eye-lashes, etc.) are all made by JND in South-Korea, this is set in stone because it is one of their unique selling points. Also the QC, assembly, and packaging takes place by the same small JND team that we all know from the teasers.

Some clothing and other parts “weapons for instance” could be made in China. It all depends on the manufacturing-costs and if the quality remains up there tbh. But the headsculpts and body’s will always be made in-house by JND themselves.
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 06:52 AM   #449
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
The complete headsculpts and body's (silicone molding, eyes, hair, painting, eye-lashes, etc.) are all made by JND in South-Korea, this is set in stone because it is one of their unique selling points. Also the QC, assembly, and packaging takes place by the same small JND team that we all know from the teasers.

Some clothing and other parts ?weapons for instance? could be made in China. It all depends on the manufacturing-costs and if the quality remains up there tbh. But the headsculpts and body?s will always be made in-house by JND themselves.
Wow, that?s great to know! Some might not care, but for me this is definitely a big selling point.

I know these products are pricey, but knowing that I?m not paying more for something produced alongside a Sideshow statue in the same workshop in China, really makes me feel better about my choices!!
Old 10-28-2022, 10:04 PM   #450
thenic123
Doh!

Does JND Studios read the comments and feedback, especially constructive criticism comments posted by collectors and they acknowledge them or just ignore them and do what they want too?
thenic123 is offline   Reply With Quote