Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-13-2024, 03:34 AM   #41
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Mace is a lotta fun in that.
That's probably why I like Mace so much. If I remember correctly, it was aired and I watched it in the lead-up to RotS.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 11:26 AM   #42
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
You're recommending chronological, but you watched it in release order, right? You watched it as it aired?

Also, you should have corrected me earlier regarding the sabers. I'll see for myself shortly, but I think the toothpicks I despise are just in Rebels, so I'm thinking I don't have much problem with them in CW. However, I did always avoid CW because of the art style. I saw some stills from later in the series, and it looked alright, so maybe I'll get used to it.

And I don't know what I was ever thinking regarding Windu. For some reason, I never realized I'd be missing potentially cool stuff from him in CW. All I ever thought of was Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Maul.
Chronological if possible but qz23 is right some episodes aired out of order so I think the way they are still on Disney+ im not sure how you would tell which ones are out of order until you watch them. Its not that big of a deal though just a little annoying

Well I thought maybe I was missing something with the lightsabers and it was just part of the animation style you didnt like funny enough I thought the EXACT same thing about the animation before watching it, I thought it looked weird. But it continually improves and the later seasons, especially the last one, has some of the most incredible visuals. Bad batch continues that tradition, at times its very cinematic. Also for the record I dont like the animation style or lightsabers from rebels. Despite a few cool moments I just couldnt get into that show but I stuck it out and watched the whole thing, wasnt for me

Yeah mace is a bad ass whenever hes on screen, i think the producers were fans of him too lol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 05:38 PM   #43
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Chronological if possible but qz23 is right some episodes aired out of order so I think the way they are still on Disney+ im not sure how you would tell which ones are out of order until you watch them. Its not that big of a deal though just a little annoying

Well I thought maybe I was missing something with the lightsabers and it was just part of the animation style you didnt like funny enough I thought the EXACT same thing about the animation before watching it, I thought it looked weird. But it continually improves and the later seasons, especially the last one, has some of the most incredible visuals. Bad batch continues that tradition, at times its very cinematic. Also for the record I dont like the animation style or lightsabers from rebels. Despite a few cool moments I just couldnt get into that show but I stuck it out and watched the whole thing, wasnt for me

Yeah mace is a bad ass whenever hes on screen, i think the producers were fans of him too lol
Thanks for the insight. It'll be annoying, but I think I'll use the chronological list to watch that way.

I'm not saying I want Mace to have survived, in my head-canon (I like when death means something)...BUT... hypocritically, I would totally be interested if they actually did it. I've seen some fan art that really piques my interest, and incredibly cool things could be done with him.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:43 PM   #44
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5YWbqKVpwE

NSFW language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkTibALwfNg
Old 01-14-2024, 01:48 AM   #45
SONICobra
Batman

Old 01-14-2024, 03:19 PM   #46
jeremydmc
Black Panther

OMG!!!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 03:51 PM   #47
qz33
Doctor Doom

Ihadn't seen the Jango one before. Ashoka's was well done.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 04:06 AM   #48
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

LMAO

Bearly legal in most systems...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 03:40 AM   #49
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Watched the first two eps, which are recommended before the movie, S2E16, S1E16.

Turns out I've seen S1E16 before! lol

I have no memory of watching the series, but I'm wondering now if I watched the first season and decided to quit. I'll know shortly...

Couple of observations:

Don't care for the voiceover that begins the episodes. (Do they do this the whole series?) Way too corny, or I just don't like that guy's voice. Didn't help that the same actor voiced a prominent character in that first episode.

Thought Anakin's voice actor was bad, but he got a little better (strangely, going from season 2 to 1 ).

The tarantula character, Tranch, mannerisms and sounds are inspired straight from Louis Gossett Jr.'s alien character in 'Enemy Mine'!
Old 01-17-2024, 11:16 AM   #50
SONICobra
Batman

i dont remember what i thought of the voiceover at first but eventually i thought it was kind of fun, gives me that old timey saturday morning cartoon vibes for some reason. i think they do abandon it in later seasons while they keep the brief sentence of sage jedi advice

and just like pretty much everything anakins voice improves as the series progresses, stick it out Z!