Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-09-2021, 10:41 PM   #271
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The comiquette is still the best Venom I've seen. I wish I hadn't sold mine.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 06:29 AM   #272
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

^^^ The main reason that I don't sell off my old statues. ^^^
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:11 AM   #273
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

The Venom comi holds up extremely well, & when you consider it was hand sculpted, masterful. Check out the wip pics, & be awed by the skill.

Also, never understood the hate for Venom comi's pose, as it is a classic villain posture, beautifully rendered. And when you consider that all three characters, (Venom, Spidey, & Carnage), were specifically designed to "fit" together, as the design/outline of the Spidey brick wall actually "frames" both Venom & Carnage, mirroring/complimenting their poses. Brilliant, timeless.

As for this new Venom? I am getting that slow creeping vibe that when we get a true 3 dimensional sense of this beast, & take the time to let the Canale magic sink in? Bliss.

P.S. Also always thought that the OG Carnage got a bad rap. Again, hand sculpted, wicked take on anatomy (which has been copied/mimic'ed since). Yeah, a little too buff, but that uniquely menacing pose (some think it strange!?), has a contorted, agonized, demonically alien movement to it, that simply "works", if you take the time to see it.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:30 AM   #274
darren1228
Zot

The Gore Group Spidey trio is a set that I'll never get rid of....no matter how awesome future sculpts become. This set got me into collecting statues and hold a special place in my heart ��

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:49 AM   #275
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Timeless works of art here. Takes me back to a time when I was still a rookie in the hobby.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:56 AM   #276
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Best Spiderman to date still after all these years
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #277
Walton.Chunky
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The latest XM Spider-Man was terrible.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:14 AM   #278
Peedi
The Secret Six

XM Spidey is my least favorite in my collection. I really like the battle damaged portrait. They nailed it. And I like the pose. But not much else makes sense. The fact the rest of his costume is clean if you use the battle damaged mask, where he’s swinging from, the arc in the web line. More thought should’ve been put into making it make sense.

Sideshow Comiquette is personally my #1 statue.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #279
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
XM Spidey is my least favorite in my collection. I really like the battle damaged portrait. They nailed it. And I like the pose. But not much else makes sense. The fact the rest of his costume is clean if you use the battle damaged mask, where he’s swinging from, the arc in the web line. More thought should’ve been put into making it make sense.

Sideshow Comiquette is personally my #1 statue.
I think your avatar gave it away...
Old 08-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #280
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
The Gore Group Spidey trio is a set that I'll never get rid of....no matter how awesome future sculpts become. This set got me into collecting statues and hold a special place in my heart ��

Ah Darren, though i always suggest folks look-up these wonderful wip pics from the classic days of sculpt, I actually haven't seen them myself in years, so a real treat to see them again. The sculpts haven't lost a thing, & Canale is an old school/old soul master sculptor who can take us even higher, if we let him. Hoping he does.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote