Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #151
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Cat I can't believe the Bolland WW is not in your collection! I have had it for years and it still stands out as a top notch piece in a decent size collection. To each their own though

The AH offering looks like it will be a stunner as well. Here's hoping that the gorgeous Andy B. 1:4 shows Wednesday...................
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #152
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

saw the statue at nyc con.not very impressed.looked small,sorry to say.I know most of you were looking for bigger.details did not transfer well compared to the picture.
genesimmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #153
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I have my doubts on this one. It seems they always screw up WW statues by not making them feminine enough. I dunno I will have see this one in person and then decide.
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #154
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

I saw it at NYCC as well, and had the opposite reaction. I thought it was BETTER than the solicitation photo. As for the scale - it's exactly the scale of the Bolland and Serpents statues, so for me that is not an issue.

You can see my coverage of the NYCC here with large photos of this and the other Wonder Woman products on display:

>>
http://experiencethewonder.com/nycc09.php

ETW_Curator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #155
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I love that collector figure of WonderWoman coming out. i might buy that
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #156
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETW_Curator View Post
I saw it at NYCC as well, and had the opposite reaction. I thought it was BETTER than the solicitation photo. As for the scale - it's exactly the scale of the Bolland and Serpents statues, so for me that is not an issue.

You can see my coverage of the NYCC here with large photos of this and the other Wonder Woman products on display:

>>

I felt the same way when i saw it. After seeing her and the others in person there is no doubt now not to get them. Just amazing sculpts its like they jumped out of the AH artwork.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #157
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I have the AH Wonder Woman v Serpents which I love. I was hoping these were Bowen scale! I cannot understand DC and the scales they employ.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #158
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETW_Curator View Post

>>

dont mean to be rude,but you are selling these statues on your site,right? dont know if your the right person to judge the quality.from what I saw this was not a very good production of that statue.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #159
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I have the AH Wonder Woman v Serpents which I love. I was hoping these were Bowen scale! I cannot understand DC and the scales they employ.
I think you should wait a little longer for the bowen scale dc statues.my guess is they are right around the corner.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:48 PM   #160
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

Gene, my site is simply museum of my personal collection - nothing is for sale and I am not a retailer. This is all explained on the About Us Page.

I do provide an Upcoming Releases page so fans can see what WW products are coming up.

So, I'm a consumer just like everyone else and thought the statue looks great in person. To each their own, I guess.

ETW_Curator is offline   Reply With Quote